Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to take this opportunity to say hi, first post here.

I picked this up yesterday from a neighbor. It runs, but has some issues,1979, the mileage is unknown, not original spedo. Looks like a fun winter project, hope to be on the road with it in the spring.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Welcome, Bill! Looks like a winter project, for sure! Take a few minutes and update your profile- where you are, what bike you have, etc- there might be someone in your area! This site has a wealth of knowledge and some really amazing people!

Again, Welcome to the group!

~MK

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Well it is in need of a seat, maybe some foam an aerial and he is good to go.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty good! Needs a little elbow grease

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It looks like a fun project.

Several forum members here are also hams - Gene McCall, Don in Oz, gamache, and yours truly to name a few.

Add me to the list as well! w0bev. Ham since '94, and yes that radio caught my attention as well!

Welcome to the group. Keep us posted on the rebuild. It's a good way to pass the time in the frigid months!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice, looks like someone gave up on a cafe build. That's too bad. Whats the other bike I see?
In the background is my son's Suzuki GS850, my intent is to continue with the cafe build, that is what attracted me to this one.

·
Super Moderator
11,464 Posts
I also am a former "hammer", many many moons ago....was sad to leave that, but always thought of getting back into it. I have to admit though, on first eyeball, I was pondering it as a battery, with the same question....good luck putting that in! Don't give me grief about my eyes!

Looks like it's got plenty of potential to me..*see above*. Congrats! and Welcome!

Joel the Bat in the Couve

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought it was a marine battery from the first pic too. I've always been interested in ham radio. Now that I see there are so many on here I just might have to go get my ticket.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also am a Ham. kb0nai. Since 92

Not a porker, just a ham. Love it with pumpernickel and spicy mustard.

I use it specifically for communication with my driver and other pilots while flying my hang glider cross country.

I have never had a massive base unit, and probably never will. Pic looked like it was a battery.

Have fun with your project!

steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts