Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was going about 70 n the next thing i knew was picking myself then the bike up.

• Wow
Reactions: nippongreen

·
Registered
1981 GL500, 1984 Yamaha Maxim 400 DOHC
41 Posts
There are safer ways to hunt nice velvet bucks😜! Glad you are well enough to share this and I hope it won't take too long to get your bike back in running shape

Reactions: user198369

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Good you're Okay...bikes can always be fixed, and gear (e.g. helmets) replaced.
Locally we tend to have Wombats and kangaroos causing night-time damage to vehicles...but akin to #5 many parrots have also taken out fairing uppers/screens when hit at speed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glad you are OK.... I had similar experience with a Dog that came out of no ware. Dog died and I broke my left ankle. Not fun.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Gosh, do you at least get to keep the animal?

·
Registered
CX650C
38 Posts
Thanks to above that you are up!
Only had one with my Car until now. Close encounters with the bikes but no hits. In Germany you are not allowed to keep Game due to Medical Reasons.

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
10,885 Posts

·
Registered
1983 GL650 32K 1983 GL650I parts bike with 19K
6 Posts
so did you drive the bike home??

·
Super Moderator
15,398 Posts
i actually gave up night riding the day blindstich hit a falcon on the way home from the rally years ago
You need to get one of these new GPS devices. Mine says animal crossing a lot and I was like that's dumb until I started seeing more animals.

Haven't hit anything big so i'm lucky. I got that bird, a ton of songbirds, lots of insects and swarms, a fox, a flock of buzzards narrowly escaped. Melody on the back could have grabbed them. And almost a goat. Damn thing just stood there in the road looking at me. That was a quick 60-0. And then his buddy ran out to be petted.

And that's 9 years of death brought to you by the Falconkiller.

I always carry a knife so the backstraps would have been out of that deer before the next car arrived.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so did you drive the bike home??
lol so i remember setting it upright and trying to start it(wouldn’t start) i don’t remember that my handle bars were in pieces.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
don’t forget that helmet brotha!
Nose Cheek Eyebrow Ear Jaw

Reactions: richnct and bahn88
1 - 20 of 21 Posts