Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the starter ground mod I have heard about?

Starter mod

I have gotten around to removing the starter and would like to do this mod. Has anyone done it without the drilling or is it needed? Because I will probably have to borrow if one if there is no other way. Also I am having a hard time removing the long screws, any suggestions? I have tried wd40,lightly heating it and with the vice grips as suggested but it will not budge.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Yes,

that's it - just a better earth setup, and see page 2 of that post for another mock up...

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
My solution for getting the bolts out is to use heat. Impact drivers are nice but don't do the job that heat can do when you need heat.

I had one I couldn't get off and didn't have a propane torch. But I have a gas stove. I sat it on its side just above the flame on the burner and let it heat for 5-7 minutes. Then I took it off and with one tap from the impact driver and it was free. Did the same to the other just fine.

You will need a drill. I drilled mine through the end and it's hidden easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.