Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried calling him several times last week during the day, and I tried again today. Generic voice message rings twice and then goes to voicemail. I left a message last week but haven't heard back.

·
Registered
520 Posts
They are but are hard to get on the phone. The owner has health issues but still has a crew working the shop. If you want to pm me a number I can stop by their shop this week to relay the message.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are but are hard to get on the phone. The owner has health issues but still has a crew working the shop. If you want to pm me a number I can stop by their shop this week to relay the message.
great, I will send you a PM
Thanks.
Steve

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
One should also account for the holiday season. That can delay a lot of things.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One should also account for the holiday season. That can delay a lot of things.
True but now it's also going on three week of trying to reach them. Phone rings twice and goes to voicemail. No call back after leaving voicemail. Doesn't seem like the best business practice

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sbaugz,
The owner suffers from Lou Gehrig's disease so it has affected his business practices as it would affect any of us. He still has a guy running the shop but it's not an operation where someon is there all the time. I purchased a g8 the other day and I know they have a few for the 500. Went by there today but it was during lunch, will check again tomorrow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sbaugz,
The owner suffers from Lou Gehrig's disease so it has affected his business practices as it would affect any of us. He still has a guy running the shop but it's not an operation where someon is there all the time. I purchased a g8 the other day and I know they have a few for the 500. Went by there today but it was during lunch, will check again tomorrow.

appreciate it. Did not know about his health problems, which is unfortunate.
If you get ahold of him, tell him I need a G8 and I would be happy to give him my stock G47 core in exchange if that would drop my price. I had thought about having the G47 rebuilt but I was going to go with a rae-san anyway. I am not sure my advance pulsers even work- i did a stator check and I didn't get any continuity at the pulsers. I figure the easiest way to solve this is to eliminate them, swap to a G8 and get the rae-san. But, I digress.

in regards to custom rewind- I don't necessarily even need to talk with them. If he wants me to simply mail the old G47 with my contact info and address, I can do that.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
swayze

i sent him a bunch of cdi stator cores and g8 cores last year

i have a bunch more if he still needs some

ask him if he can use them i think he takes them and rewinds them to sell to you guys

if he doesnt i will bin them

·
Registered
520 Posts
He needs them Murray, I didn't have my core the other day and he begged me to bring it to him when I get the chance. I'll be taking it this week and relaying sbaugs need. I can let him know that you can send some spares if you would like. I can pass your contact info alone if you would like as well.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Will do

·
Registered
520 Posts
Talked to Gary (owner) today and this is what he relayed:

Sbaugz - he said you can ship the core and a check for $150.00, also provide information as to what you want. He has stators ready to send out as soon as he receives core and payment, he will ship. (you can call him on the number below if you would like)

Murrayf - he stated he will use all you can send

Contact info:

Stator Rewind
2014 Pratt HWY
Birmingham AL 35214

Direct Cell # 205-901-7008 - he has a hard time talking so be patient, great guy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sbaugz - he said you can ship the core and a check for $150.00, also provide information as to what you want. He has stators ready to send out as soon as he receives core and payment, he will ship. (you can call him on the number below if you would like)

Contact info:

Stator Rewind
2014 Pratt HWY
Birmingham AL 35214

Direct Cell # 205-901-7008 - he has a hard time talking so be patient, great guy.
OK thanks alot. I swear I read on this forum that people were paying $90 for a G8 stator with core. Did you mention I needed a G8., rather than a G47?

·
Registered
79 Posts
sbaugz,

I paid $140 for a G8 stator with core last august, so that sounds like the right price. I asked for the G47 price and he said it was significantly higher (didn't say exactly). The stator you get back is top notch though. Worth every penny in my opinion. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
I took the liberty of updating the WIKI to reflect this current contact information for Gary.

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
To any of you guys that switch to g8 stators And have your old g47 hanging around I send mine to gary so that when a forum mber comes along he had some ready to ship it cuts down the turn around time by about a week So instead of tossing it or leaving it sit consider sending it to gary To help

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Contact info:

Stator Rewind
2014 Pratt HWY
Birmingham AL 35214

sounds good. I will ship out my old G47 tomorrow.

·
Registered
520 Posts
He is probably not familiar with Rae-san but he is familiar with the ignitech system and has stators that are specifically built and labeled for use with the ignitech system. If Rae-san requires the same stator as ignitech then I would tell him you need a g8 stator to run with ignitech to keep down on confusion. And yes I would include year, make, model, etc. Feel free to call him as well. I would hate to catch blame for something going wrong with your purchase, I'm just trying to help bridge the communication gap.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts