Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Nice front end! Man those dual disks look good not to mention the stopping power!

·
Registered
462 Posts
They are a huge improvement, I've been running them for a little while now and cant imagine going back to the stockers :)

As for fitting, I needed to get a mate to machine a sleeve for the lower part of the stem and the upper bearing was a mix of stock and hyosung, other than that easy :)

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
362 Posts
All I see is a pic of Murray's carbs. I don't see the front end at all.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those look great on both bikes. Nice work guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What size front wheel/tire are you using, and how does that compare to the stock setup?

Also, I see there are two Mikuni's for carbs, care to share any info on those?

Awesome Orange!

·
Registered
462 Posts
What size front wheel/tire are you using, and how does that compare to the stock setup?

Also, I see there are two Mikuni's for carbs, care to share any info on those?

Awesome Orange!
The GT650R comes with a 120/60??/17 front tyre, I swapped my wheel out for a GT250R as it came with a 110/70/17 (swapped it at the wreckers when I grabbed the front end) which I thought was a better match for my rear tyre plus the tyre on the 250 wheel was new :) As for handling, it's quite a bit quicker than stock but I can still comfortably take both hands off the bars and it will track and run just fine with no hint of headshake or any of those horrors that require a steering damper. Personally I think it is a good front end for the CX as the steering is not as sharp as it would be with a CBR600RR front end but still much more sporty than stock, so much so it still took a couple of rides to get used to it and to learn to ease off on the pressure needed to chuck it in a corner :)

The Mikunis are Murrays kit, do a search on this forum. They are a GREAT upgrade and really bring the CX alive, so much so that with the suspension and brake modifications and Murrays VM34's and a few other little peformance mods my CX can hold it's own on in the curves with much more modern and expensive machinery and pulls really well down low out of the corners, and it does it with a bit of class as well :)

The orange is a nod to hondas racing pedigree, it's Repsol Orange. It always looks great when it's in with a mass of other Cafe'd bikes and they are all blacks and dark colours :)

Cheers
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts