Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I saw some bigger fairing lowers that provided more weather protection that would fit in place of the stock GL500 fairing lowers on a 82 Interstate.

Were those simply modified GL1100 lowers ?

If so, what fits and how do you modify the 1100 lowers ?

If not, what and where do you buy those more protective lowers ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm not sure who, but someone on the old forum modified a pair of GL1100 lowers to fit on a GL500. Unfortunately, I don't remember how he did it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Also, you might want to attach your location and what model bike you own to your profile. It makes it easier for other to answer questions for you and you may find you can get help from nearby members.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
There are what are known as "winter lowers" for the gl's but they are hard to find. There was a guy making them in the UK,,but as I recall the last time anybody tried to buy some ,,they never got them.

I imagine someone who knows the details will chime in.

see this thread

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the ones !

I wonder if there are any original Hondaline plastic ones anywhere ?

The fiberglass replicas from england would be OK, but sounds like that never became a reality for those of us in the USA.

I need a pair to go over the Hondaline engine guards, just like the ones in the red bike photo.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Thats the ones !

The fiberglass replicas from england would be OK, but sounds like that never became a reality for those of us in the USA.

I need a pair to go over the Hondaline engine guards, just like the ones in the red bike photo.

I think I read in one of sidecar bobs posts that he made winter lowers from Rubbermaid trash cans. I might just try that myself come the cold weather.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thats the ones !

I have a original pair that came with my GL500, but I ain't parting with them. If I ever do plastic molding they would be a big $$$ maker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts