Ferro from Italy got as far as this, don't think it worked because he never mentioned it again.
... if I could get enugh people to agree that they'd buy one at a specific price point knowing darn well they'd have to splice it in ...
Maybe a better option is refurbishment of existing CDI units. Replace all the parts onto the existing PWB (reusing/refurbing the wiring and OEM connector), test, re-pot them, and sell them as refurbs. Include a refundable core-charge to help ensure a supply of dead ones to refurb for future orders.
They're virtually impossible to get apart, they're potted in some sort of early variation of epoxy glue.
I've tried several chemicals and it's a no go. I chipped away a lot of it with picks and screwdrivers. Then I took the larger pieces and put them in a variety of jars with chemicals and nothing dissolved it.