Honda CX 500 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Regarding the filter, I decided that since Murray uses the Fram 9100, that I would follow suit and use the same one. I am confident that he knows enough about this platform to make an educated decision and since I don't, I donned my lemming costume and here we are.
Okay, instead of Purple Rain, I'll go with a Framm. Make sense.

Thanks!

Naked GL500
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks for the help, but... as an example, in this country a Sierra is a Ford with a 2 Ltr Pinto engine, and a Bluebird is a Datsun .

·
Registered
6,873 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
And in Canada a Buick Encore is an Opel Mokka and a Jensen Intercepter is a Jensen Intercepter... Oh, wait! :)

I wasn’t thinking that you’d go into your local Caadian Tire and look for a filter for your Chevy Silverado but rather that it might help with specifications for a locally available item.

Too bad they’re bulky or one of us could mail them to you.

·
Registered
24,223 Posts
that cross reference does not apply to the cx

what fits the cx has to do with the shape of teh bottom plate of the oil filter and it must have a oil pressure by pass built in

there are 2 kinds flat and concave or dished inwards

the cx oil filter MUST be concave or it will leak

the only way around this is to grind some of the aluminum around the oil filter down before you fit the adapter

i do this carefully with a grinder if i need to after taping it all up so no swarf goes in the passages

but if you stick to concave ones you wont need to and you wont have any leaks

41 - 48 of 48 Posts