Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed YUASA's YTX14AHL-BS, sealed battery.

So far I needed to recharge frequently, though this YUASA YTX14AHL-BS is offering me less time for maintenance.

Note for regulator/rectifier for sealed battery, I swap one for VF1000R uses Shindengen made SH541-12/1.5.

Not sure about my CX500TC used was wrecked or not, though SH541-12/2.5 did not charge properly.

If you want to be for sure, you can switch to which RC51, Shadow, and/or ST1100 uses.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I bought a YTX14AHL-BS 6 month ago and even after a full charge, its resting voltage was 12.4V and would drop to 11.5V after a week or two. My fully charged conventional battery reads 12.9 V. It took may weeks of trickle charging for the sealed battery to hold at 12.5V or better for a week or more. It has good power under load though.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I just installed YUASA's YTX14AHL-BS, sealed battery.

Can this battery be mounted in any orientation like a gel battery?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phogroian>

Although YUASA U.S.A. responded me I do not need to adjust electric system, I suspect this sealed battery requires updated rectifier that the genuine CX500TC has.

This is not an official comment, though YUASA is expecting to abandon an ordinary acid battery in near future.

Cobram>

I'm not sure about it. CX500TC has no space to fooling around anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts