Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have a strange issue with my bike it charges now and then it seems like today its 12.76 at idle when i rev it up its around 14 somthing yesterday its not charging at all day before its 14.4 at 3k so i am not to sure now......i have tried a new batter that i got from old okie (a big thank you buddy) well that battery died on me today so i charged it today at work put it back in the bike around 445 this afternoon and it was idling at 12.76 and when i rev its normal i have checked the stator and its putting out power at the yellow wires

so i cleaned up the grounds on the reg/rec so i am not to sure i need insight......

my bike 82 500 c when i got it it was a druggies wet dream (wires all cut to hell)

one of these weekends i am going to head out to old okies house and we will check it out if we know what we are looking for so please help guys

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Intermittent stator problems are common. In particular, a short to ground often happens as a function of temperature.

When the charging system is not working, immediately perform the stator resistance checks described here.

Is this the original stator that was in the bike or is it a replacement stator?

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Intermittent stator problems are common. In particular, a short to ground often happens as a function of temperature.

When the charging system is not working, immediately perform the stator resistance checks described here.

Is this the original stator that was in the bike or is it a replacement stator?

Dave,

It's the original stator. He hasn't been able to do anything with the new one yet. Has to wait till the truck is at least fixed before he can thing about work on the bike. At least that's what his wife says.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.