Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been brought up to me that the old Drop.io info that I have hosted in my Google documents folder isn't available to everyone. Apparently when you click it in my signature line it brings you to a page wanting you to punch in your username/password stuff. Just for clarification it's google asking this. It's not password protected. It's set up to be accessible to everyone.

I'm housing all the information there because it's free but if people cant access it without a google account that's not good.

Does anyone know of another free place that can host the information so that people can easily access it?

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Can I assume the information is going to be moved? It's still doing the password thing.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I assume the information is going to be moved? It's still doing the password thing.

I really don't know at the moment. I'm not a fan of keeping two places up to date but I want people to be able to use the info. Of course I also believe that everyone should have a google account. Best email/everything account I have ever had and I also have an AOL, Yahoo and for the longest time a Hotmail account.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts

I really don't know at the moment. I'm not a fan of keeping two places up to date but I want people to be able to use the info. Of course I also believe that everyone should have a google account. Best email/everything account I have ever had and I also have an AOL, Yahoo and for the longest time a Hotmail account.

Okay, so if we have a GMAIL account, then we already are set to get there with that user/password. Right? I agree that gmail is a great product, but I haven't scoped out much of the other tools they offer.

I also would hate to see you, or anyone for that matter, have to transfer all that information again.....it's a real butt load!!

Now, if that is the only way to access it, we need to figure a way to get that message to the masses when we point them to the manuals. I guess we will just have to keep posting it, like we do the "fill out your profile" message.

Sure would be nice if there was another way, like a floating warning, but that gets into the realm of web design, and thus, Charles.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, so if we have a GMAIL account, then we already are set to get there with that user/password. Right? I agree that gmail is a great product, but I haven't scoped out much of the other tools they offer.

I also would hate to see you, or anyone for that matter, have to transfer all that information again.....it's a real butt load!!

Now, if that is the only way to access it, we need to figure a way to get that message to the masses when we point them to the manuals. I guess we will just have to keep posting it, like we do the "fill out your profile" message.

Sure would be nice if there was another way, like a floating warning, but that gets into the realm of web design, and thus, Charles.

Yep all you need is a gmail account. It use to be open for everyone till google obviously did something.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Maybe you could edit the link in the QR to reflect that a GMAIL account is needed, and it is recommended by the staff to do so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.