Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me what bulb numbers are used in the speedo,neutral,signal,hi/lo beam,oil indicators ?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
In the common numbering system they're a #57 but a #53 will also work, just a bit dimmer than a #57.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Marshall I'm not sure which bulbs you're referring to but I have and idea.

In the earlier cx's there is a round bulb that you push and twist into position. This is what I think you're suggesting.

Where as I believe on the gl's they have a wedge style bulb that pushes in place like common cars.

Honda sells the right bulbs for about a dollar a piece.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Yes, I was thinking about the round miniature bayonet style, didn't know that they used different bulbs on some variants however in the arts fiche pictures they look like the same round ones.

BULB (14V 3.4W) 37237-SA5-003

Still available from Honda but around $3 each.

I tried to find the generic # but had no luck, I'll bet they're a common automotive bulb.

There may be a number on the bulb or if someone can send me a picture of one of the bulbs with dimensions I can figure out the inexpensive automotive replacement # from that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.