Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this bike. And to be honest, fairly new to riding. Looking for other CX riders in Indiana to ride with and learn from. I would love to know as much about my bike as possible, and not from a manual. People that are familiar with this bike have a lot of knowledge that a new owner can learn. Anyone help out a newbie?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a cx500 but I have only had it since april. I had a cb360 before that though. My bike currently has a charging problem so I guess I was just saying hello!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where in Indiana are you located? I'm in NW Indiana. I've only owned a cx since last October, but I learned alot by tearing it down over the winter and putting it back together with a few mods. I doesn't take that long to remove the engine. You could have it in pieces, painted and put back together in a couple weekends.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome. I'm in Indiana as well. New to the CX/GL bike but not a new rider. Get-together's are great if you can pull one off. If you've got an idea, throw it out but don't get your hopes to high. I don't know about the rest of the great people on here, but the calendar is probably my worst enemy. Work and family command a lot of it.

Welcome again and look forward to talking to you in the future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am currently in Indianapolis but relocating to the Miami county area. As far as the distance goes, I will ride anywhere anytime, just another excuse to ride...lol. my bike currently looks rough but rides great. i have put 1,005 miles on it in the last 2 weeks. want to put another 1,000 miles on it in the next two weeks. but i need to work on my forks, i am leaking on the top right side. have no idea how to do it but i have no doubt that i will be able to get the info from this forum. Hopefully, i will be able to talk to more riders here in indiana and we will be able to get together for a ride.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm in Grant County, just outside of Sweetser (yeah, I had never heard of it either until just before I moved here). Anyway, Grant County is just next to Miami County. Be nice to meet other CX/GL riders.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My wife and I both ride GL500 Interstates, but we live down near Evansville in the South-West portion of Indiana. Wish you guys were down here!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am over here in Terre Haute on the western border. Indy isn't that far for me so I'll watch for something.

I just got a cx500 this spring and have been working on getting it running. Now I am trying to get it safe.

Sounds like a get together to celebrate everybody getting them squared away might be in order.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I live just 20mi west of Evansville. I wonder how many 500-650 riders are in town? Yeah a group ride would be great, even if it was only 2 or 3 riders.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm down in evansville and have a '83 cx650 I got last august, and I know a few others with cx500s around here if you are all interested in a ride sometime
Sorry for the late response but I would love to do a ride someday with a group.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.