Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently inherited from a friend an semi-taken part engine. He said it had all the parts in the box. Only the rear cover was out as he was fixing a stripped chain tensioner bolt. He lost interest and gave up. Motor is 80 cx500 cdi.

Slowing putting this together and there is indeed missing parts. I’m really hoping someone here can help me out with the following parts to help me complete this rebuild.

-Starter pinion thrust washer, just one of them.
-Cooling passage dowels, 2 of these
-Coolant pipe from water pump to radiator

I’ve looked on eBay, but the factored in shipping to Canada is horrendous.

Hoping someone can help.

Name your price and shipping if you can help.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hello,

I recently inherited from a friend an semi-taken part engine. He said it had all the parts in the box. Only the rear cover was out as he was fixing a stripped chain tensioner bolt. He lost interest and gave up. Motor is 80 cx500 cdi.

Slowing putting this together and there is indeed missing parts. I’m really hoping someone here can help me out with the following parts to help me complete this rebuild.

-Starter pinion thrust washer, just one of them.
-Cooling passage dowels, 2 of these
-Coolant pipe from water pump to radiator

I’ve looked on eBay, but the factored in shipping to Canada is horrendous.

Hoping someone can help.

Name your price and shipping if you can help.

Thanks!
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Fwiw theres several coolant pipes listed on ebay for $20 from usa...yeah i know shipping/tax to canada its still a factor....
But might b worth a relook

·
Super Moderator
5,665 Posts
Buy Gerards CX500 engine. I hear it even comes with cool 650 valve covers!

• Haha
Reactions: D-Fresh

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fwiw theres several coolant pipes listed on ebay for $20 from usa...yeah i know shipping/tax to canada its still a factor....
But might b worth a relook
I’ve seen some of those already and shipping quotes on eBay are usually more then the part itself.

In one instance, shipping was $37.

Hoping someone can help, if then not then I may have to bite the bullet.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I’ve seen some of those already and shipping quotes on eBay are usually more then the part itself.

In one instance, shipping was $37.

Hoping someone can help, if then not then I may have to bite the bullet.
Good luck.....Always worth contacting the sellers some of those ebay "quotes" are way off....when looking at seats some time ago, shipping to OZ varied between $100 and $300 via ebay (Europe to OZ)..ended up getting a new reproduction seat shipped for a lot less......same goes for "combined postage" contact the seller .....

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,410 Posts
Some sellers list a lower price and higher shipping rate so that people who search for the lowest price find their listing first. I always recommend choosing the Price + shipping lowest first search order because of that.

And it doesn't help that the USPS and Canada Post have raised their rates so much in the last decade that you'd almost think they are trying to put themselves out of business.

BTW: I'd talk to my local Honda dealer for the thrust washer and the collars (Honda's name for what you called cooling passage dowels). If they can get them they will probably cost less than the shipping alone from an eBay seller.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I ended up getting in touch with Gerard and he was able to help me out with all the parts I needed. Good guy!

And yes, the engine with the 650 covers was tempting, but I got too much vested into my current rebuild.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts