Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why I don't know. Melody pointed to the U.S. map and said that's where we're going. We will be there camping in june between Louisville and Lexington. Is there anything within 100 miles of there worth seeing?

I think she said something about going to a horse race track, a distillery near fort knox and some other random.

Things of interest...
war related history, battlefields, famous people, museums
natural beauty, waterfalls, mountains, wildlife
motorcycles, cars, aircraft, trains and other transportation things.
and random odd stuff.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

Caves!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Corbin, KY. Colonel Harland Sanders first restaurant.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been to Louisville, and the people there seem very friendly. Old Louisville is interesting and just south of downtown and not far from the race track. The Kentucky derby is about a 10 day party.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
During marching band in high school (yes, band geek) we were invited to participate in the Pegasus parade a couple of years. The town was packed, not quite mardi gras, but busy. We toured Mammoth cave while there. Really neat, just bring a light jacket cause it may be 100 outside but by the time you get to the largest cavern it's cold. Also the Jim Beam plant is near by. We toured that as well although no free samples. :(

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
11,070 Posts
Reactions: granlund1

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
Oh, and I so much wanted to like you! :p

I played trombone and baritone in high school, then trombone, french horn/mellophone, and tuba in college. If I get back to community band, I'll probably play trumpet, since it's the only spittable I haven't formally played.

When my oldest daughter started trumpet, I bought an old Conn Director cornet. It's a dream to play, and it's not even the Coppertone model.

R

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
alto, tenor, and baritone saxophones!!
I learned alto during a summer session in middle school, but never really pursued woodwinds (except my wife ;)) after that.

R

Reactions: granlund1

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've always wanted to go to Mammoth Cave. Whatever you see, I'd love to see a trip report if you are so inclined.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
The Louisville race track has a very nice museum about the Kentucky Derby and some of the horses who won. Also Fort Knox military museum is supposed to be really good, but I havent beenthere as we arrived to late to visit it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Back roads. Kentucky is beautiful.. Lincoln's birthplace, Bourbon, Bourbon, Bourbon... Kentucky horse park is a must. Right on I75 in Lexinton. It is an all day event. You see it, you will understand Kentucky.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.