Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SilverWing just sold on ebay via "Buy It Now". It is bittersweet. I am glad it sold as I needed the bucks to help pay for the BMW I bought but it will be sad to see it go.

If you guys will still have me, I'll be checking in here daily. I have found a number of BMW owners' sites out there but none are as friendly and fun as this one. Randall already told me that I can still come on next spring's ride and I'm holding him to it. Of course, I'll be at least 1/2 mile ahead of everyone because everybody knows that BMW riders are snotty and big headed

I will tell the new owner about our little family here and I hope he joins us. He lives in Illinois and is coming to get the bike on Wednesday.

It's been a fun ride guys, thanks for everything.

Wayne

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Aha !!!

Welcome to the dark side young skywalker

many of us over here have 'flying bricks' as well as CX's

I've got a K100RS as well my CX mongrel and love em both.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Always did enjoy seeing your avatar and help on this forum.

The BMWs are wonderous machines, just like Goldwings and others.

But the twisted twins will always be my first love. Always nice to

be able to do your own wrenching however much or little. Also not

too many antique bikes out there you can work on like these.

Oh and post some pics of your bike!

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Wayne don't worry you're always a member and will always be able to ride with us.

As for the bike I hope she actually sold and isn't gone till the day it wheels out of the yard.

I know several people who have been burned by non pickups. Out of curiosity how much did she go for and did you include the sheep?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayne don't worry you're always a member and will always be able to ride with us.

As for the bike I hope she actually sold and isn't gone till the day it wheels out of the yard.

I know several people who have been burned by non pickups. Out of curiosity how much did she go for and did you include the sheep?

Don, I know what you are saying about it not being gone until its gone. He did do the paypal down payment immediately so I feel good about that.

Buy It Now was $1500 which is what I was hoping for. Of course Ebay gets about $70 of that. Yes, the sheep skin goes with it because it was in the pictures I posted.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wayne, we are life the mafia, you can never quit. The only thing we will insist on is that you ride a mile or two BEHIND everyone, no one wants that snot blowing back on them! Glad you were able to work it out to your satisfaction.

Gene

That's funny, Gene. I guess I meant "snooty" and not "snoty". LOL....

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
If you want I can talk to David who has a cx650 frame with title in his garage. I would happily donate it to keep your mind on the twins.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Wayne, no matter what bike you ride you'll never be an outsider.

I agree with the others. It's just a matter of time before there is another twisted twin in your life. But watch out for the cheap fixer-uppers - they aren't cheap for long.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Wayne,

If you have had this site burned into your soul like it is in mine you will never have a BMW make you snooty. BillRod

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Wayne is the 3rd GL rider in the past year to go to a BMW that I worked with. I am pretty sure that Wayne will end up with another GL somewhere down the line. You miss how easily they flick around in the city.

I do have to admit that I prefer touring on a BMW, but I do a 600 mile day several times a year on my GL.

I still maintain that I will still have GL in my garage long after my BMW is gone. My the disease be with you ... HTTA is catching.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Said my goodbyes today.

Here she is loaded up:

Here she is going away with someone else:

At least she went to a good home...

Some are wondering why I would do such a thing. The K75RT is basically the same bike as the GL650I, ie, a nice mid-size tourer and I was able to gain a decade and 20k miles for around $500 including sales tax and transfer fees. I think this was worth it.

I put 500 miles on the BMW a couple Sundays ago and have some first impressions:

*The suspension sucks compared to the SilverWing. The three cylinder engine is much smoother but the jarring front forks make it very hard to notice.

*The K75 is a very tall motorcycle. This is a good thing on the road but not so good at a stoplight.

*I can go much further on the BMW with no sore butt.

*The BMW is quick and nimble. I'm not seeing what Dave is saying about the Silverwing being easier in the city. (other than being so tall).

I will have more seasoned impressions after I get home from my 2000 mile, weeklong trip to the Ozarks. We are leaving on Sunday, be back on Saturday. Will update the blog daily if you'd like to keep up...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts