Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had someone attempt to steal my bike and I have ended up getting a new ignition switch but my multi connector was cut off as well.I have bought a connector but I seem to have the wiring wrong.Has anyone got the correct info on this.My bike is a 1983 cx500 uk model 6 wire.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Same thing happened to mine a couple of years ago , I was surprised just how easy it is to steal a CX. Since then I have rebuilt the bike and am now in the process of rewiring her. I have found that if you splice the green wire from the CDI unit and use a battery relay it is possible to use a normal car Lucas car type ignition switch. This has enabled me to make a more secure battery box where I have the wiring installed.

I can not complete the entire loom just yet cause I am waiting on another set of instruments ( am after a speedo with idiot lights built in )but when I have all the parts I need I hope to upload a wiring diagram for other members to benefit from.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did you ever get this completed? I would like to see how you wired this up. Thanks!!

Same thing happened to mine a couple of years ago , I was surprised just how easy it is to steal a CX. Since then I have rebuilt the bike and am now in the process of rewiring her. I have found that if you splice the green wire from the CDI unit and use a battery relay it is possible to use a normal car Lucas car type ignition switch. This has enabled me to make a more secure battery box where I have the wiring installed.

I can not complete the entire loom just yet cause I am waiting on another set of instruments ( am after a speedo with idiot lights built in )but when I have all the parts I need I hope to upload a wiring diagram for other members to benefit from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts