Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new G8 stator installed to go with my new Ignitech unit. Here's the question that I need answered; do I need to retain the advance pulsar coil as well as the L&R pulsars, or can one or both be eliminated ? Dan

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
I would retain everything but the blue and white wire.

Some have went into more detail but that would have to be searched out.

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
I installed with the late model stator and pulled the adv. unit out completely. The bike started and ran fine. If you ever want to go backwards though, it would be an engine out job again to reinstall it all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who replied. I believe I have the Ignitech and G8 stator all wired correctly. Now to put it back together and see if it fires up. I know I'm putting more money and time into this bike than it's probably gonna be worth, but I'm growing very fond of it's "unique look". When it's done, I'll give it to my son as his first street bike. (he thinks I'm restoring it for myself).

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks to all who replied. I believe I have the Ignitech and G8 stator all wired correctly. Now to put it back together and see if it fires up. I know I'm putting more money and time into this bike than it's probably gonna be worth, but I'm growing very fond of it's "unique look". When it's done, I'll give it to my son as his first street bike. (he thinks I'm restoring it for myself).

What a dad!! He'll remember that gift forever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts