Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cobram, you are top notch and a great contributor to the community! Thanks for organizing this group buy and making it such a organized and smooth operation.

Great communication and fast responder.

Looking forward to getting the unit and getting it worked into my current project.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you for the nod, just another one in the crowd, there are plenty of others on this board that do lots more than I do. It's something about these bikes. If you think it's just a motorcycle thing.......you're very wrong, just check out a BMW forum or two..... ;-)

Hello there just starting off my rebuild and collecting parts, are there any units available? For postage to the UK?
Is the buy still on or did I miss it again? Just got my stolen bike back last night!
As long as the link and instructions are up in the original post of this thread, it means that units are available.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Received and installed this past weekend! Super cool. Quick question for anyone else in this thread: is it normal for the red (accessory power) connectors to be oversized compared to OEM? I had to crimp the everloving bejeezus out of them to get it to make a secure connection.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Received and installed this past weekend! Super cool. Quick question for anyone else in this thread: is it normal for the red (accessory power) connectors to be oversized compared to OEM? I had to crimp the everloving bejeezus out of them to get it to make a secure connection.
Just got mine the other day and installed it. Thanks! I noticed that the red connectors were a little long as well, I just zip tied the loop out of the way.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
thread bump, info changed original post

bmup.jpg
you had ONE job.....

·
Registered
826 Posts
I love mine. Wonderful workmanship.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any plans for an Ignitech Fall/Winter 2018 Group Buy? My 1982 CX500 is giving me problems in the 5000 rpm. I would prefer to replace the CDI rather than have it give up the ghost on a long ride.

·
Super Moderator
11,452 Posts
Have you checked into the Rae San options in case the buy here is in limbo?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed an Ignitech on my son's bike earlier this spring with excellent results (I didn't screw it up). I was hoping to go through the same (now familiar) process on my own bike. I did look into the Rae San options last year. I felt like the Ignitech was a better route for the symptoms my son's bike was exhibiting. If I don't see any movement on this forum for a group buy, I will just order it on my own directly. Here in Chicago, there are few opportunities left this year for riding without a full onesie riding suit. I have time to wait unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
(Copied info from edited info in first post of this thread, for bump.)

I will no longer be hosting Ignitech Group Buys.

If you want one you can order directly from Ignitech at:
Electronic for motorbikes - IgniTech P?elou?

For the curious:

The first group buy was for 16 units @ U$161.00 each including U$4.85
for Priority Mail delivery - 10 years ago.

Last group buy was for 24 units @ U$136.00 each including U$7.05 for Priority Mail delivery.

A total of 743 CX500 Ignitech units were purchased through the group buys.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts