Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Seadoobie
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basket case bike project I started working on came with a NIB Ignitech. I’ve also purchased a MOSFET because I will be running a lithium ion battery. This diagram shows connecting straight to the MOSFET, but where does the Ignitech come into play? Just seperate wires run to both from battery? And what size fuses do I need and where?

Thanks in advance.

D94095B2-099B-4A92-9CC6-6E90D7CBC4F0.png

·
Seadoobie
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Murray. This bike didn’t have a wiring harness so I’ll be building a new one from scratch. What size fuses do you recommend and where inline? Also thanks so much for the ridiculously fast shipping on my order!!

·
Seadoobie
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd probably be better off finding a good use harness to start with?
Well I bought one on eBay almost two weeks ago. It never arrived and when I messaged the seller he didn’t reply but just refunded my money. So looking for another one. But there won’t be much stock in this bike including coils, regulator, lights etc. so I’m gonna have to make all new ends anyway. So might as well use new wire.

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Well I bought one on eBay almost two weeks ago. It never arrived and when I messaged the seller he didn’t reply but just refunded my money. So looking for another one. But there won’t be much stock in this bike including coils, regulator, lights etc. so I’m gonna have to make all new ends anyway. So might as well use new wire.
Maybe so, but just having a core harness to look at and follow may answer many questions. According to partzilla 78-79 harness's are the same. I'm guessing 80-81 are very similar. Lights, coils and RR are the end product not the beginning. Pit bike coils work well on these bikes. sounds like you already have an RR?
I don't know your bike build background, but I would not want to build a new harness if I could avoid it. My Time= $$ plus frustration levels??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Ah too bad, I just sold a stock harness on ebay a few days ago. I have made custom harnesses from scratch and from existing harnesses, and I've found it's almost always easier to start with the existing harness even if you only end up using a small part of it. That's just me, though.

Ignitech documentation is available on their website, but I think I have a 5A fuse on mine, from switched power.

·
Seadoobie
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah too bad, I just sold a stock harness on ebay a few days ago. I have made custom harnesses from scratch and from existing harnesses, and I've found it's almost always easier to start with the existing harness even if you only end up using a small part of it. That's just me, though.

Ignitech documentation is available on their website, but I think I have a 5A fuse on mine, from switched power.
I just bought another one a couple days ago so maybe I bought yours! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts