Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.........looking for a Yamaha 650 Seca Turbo, I would go pay cash for this one! I had one when I was in the Navy years ago. At that time, 1982, I was an adventurous 22 years old, and paid $2,499 brand new at the dealer in SoCal, and rode it cross country from San Diego to Norfolk Virginia. Great bike. Had lot's of fun and memories on it. Here it is, for anyone with Yamaha curiosity: http://sfbay.craigsl...2448065565.html

PS: I am often asked by people who are new to motorcycling, "what is the best bike to buy?"

My response is real simple: "There is no such thing as a bad Japanese motorcycle. It all comes down to preference".

Today I am a Honda loyalist, but have owned two Yamaha's (Seca Turbo and RD400)............

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Seca turbo that I had didn't run that well, but I bought it from a salvage yard, and it probably had carb issues. The Honda Sabre that I had before it was actually much smoother and the power was more controllable. That is one that I never should have traded.

Fuel injection works much better with the turbo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.