Put the Windex back in your cleaning supplies where it belongs and get some real tire bead lubricant. I cannot stress enough how much easier it makes putting tires on and getting them off again later as well as how much less corrosion you will find on the rims when you next remove the tires.
Mike's suggestion about the strap around the tire might help too; Tubeless tires are always stiffer than tube type ones and the rims designed for them are a different shape which is necessary for the tire to seal to the rim properly but makes it harder for the bead to climb onto the rin's seating area. Even with real bead lube it often takes more than 45 PSI to get a bead seated, even with tube type tires.
I replaced my rear tire myself, not worrying about balancing. I modified a C clamp to break the beads loose, without marring the rims. It was quite a bit of work though!
The front tire I let a tire shop replace, as I wanted it balanced. I paid a bit more for their tire but, that's okay. In the end, the wheel turned out to be perfectly balanced . . . no weight required. Had I known . . . LOL
I use a c clamp myself, but I use an old automotive disc brake pad with the backing plate facing the tire to pop the beads loose. If you use one from a car or truck with 14 inch or larger tires, the curve works out nicely.
(Sorry, repeating myself from my earlier post.)
I built a bead breaker out of parts of an old bed frame bolted to a door frame with a piece of 2x4 for the ram. It makes taking tires off a lot easier and, as I said before, tires that were put on using bead lube come back off easier too (I think this has to do with less corrosion).
Hi all, I posted yesterday asking some questions about a '79 Deluxe. Today we brought it home. I say I'm sort of the new owner because my son actually bought it and i'm going to help him fix it up.
Here is the proud new owner.
Here is what was inside the air filter:
A new air filter...
About ten years ago I purchased two 1980 CX500's, each complete bikes with title, one running badly, the other was dead. Each had the large fairing, radio, etc.
I gave away the fairings, and, by swapping parts, overhauling an engine, etc., finished a winter project with a great running little...
I was finaly able to resolve all of the issues on my '92 Interstate earlier this month. So far I have put in about 250 miles. I am playing with the idea of taking off the fairing but it sure is nice and calm back behind that thing. Just putting this out there in case there are others out there...