Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I may be adding to my meager stable. My sister has this bike she traded for. She's since changed her mind about riding a motorcycle, and now wants me to have it. A little too much flat black for my taste, but, hey...she says it runs great. I think I might find a place for it in the garage. Is this a Custom or a Deluxe? It's a 1981.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
No pic posted.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops! Try this.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I thought. Looks like a rattle can paint job on the engine. Might be easy to get rid of the black. Certainly looks salvageable. It'll give me a rider until my GL restoration is finished.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
Maybe there's a chemical that you can spray on the engine and other stuff to strip off the newer paint. If it's rattle can it will be easier to get off than original paint. Maybe wipe on some acetone or thinner and spray it off with a garden hose.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
We'd get in a lot of trouble here if we washed paint and such off with a garden hose.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
Ok how about not using the garden hose and just use chemical and a lot of rubbing. Or clean what you can and scuff it up and shoot it with silver paint.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
We'd get in a lot of trouble here if we washed paint and such off with a garden hose.
Dried spray enamel is nothing more than flakes of colored plastic, pretty harmless stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.