Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that the 1982 CX500C I'm restoring leans over rather more than I would expect when on the kick stand. The kick stand looks like it could be bent a little, or maybe just worn, but I'm not sure.
Maybe one of you can help me with measurements of one that's not bent. If you have your bike up on the center stand and then extend the kick stand, how far off the floor is the end of the kick stand?

Thanks,
Gordon

·
Registered
24,492 Posts
put the bike up on the center stand

put the kick stand down

se if you can push the bottom in towards the bike and up away from the bike

if you can the side stand and likely the tab on the the frame is worn

as well as the hole in the tab being worn oval

·
Registered
870 Posts
Possibly too much air in the forks, there should be some sag in the fork springs when parked, not at the top of the slider limit. Or longer than stock rear shocks could be the problem.
It is possible the side stand is bent or too short. Sotty I dont have any pictures that would halp as my set up is far from stock height and length.
Rusty

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Like the stand leg is bent ? Run a straight edge against it to check.
Is the mount bent ? When the stand is in the up position it should be tucked under the muffler with just the tang sticking out.
Maybe you need to post a couple of pics so we can see what you mean .

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've just restored my side stand by fitting a new fastener(which barely helped) then made a shim type washer to take up the massive side play. It's a little on the stiff side now but I can live with that.It's amazing that a thing like a sidestand that isn't used thousands of times wears so badly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts