Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally replaced the milk crate on my GL500. I found this on EBAY. It had a buy it now price of $50.00 and I had the winning bid of $28.50. He only lived 37 miles from me so I picked it up and saved a $30.00 shipping charge. I left the passenger seat at home and the trunk just snapped right in place. It is in really nice shape considering its age. It is not the same color as the bike but I can always paint it. It did not have a key but my local locksmith - who can make keys for any motorcycle - says he can redo the lock so that it is the same as the ignition key. I am going to take the lock apart and see if it has a number that would indicate what the key would be. I have 2 keys for my car ignition and doors so 2 keys for the bike should not be a problem.

·
Registered
329 Posts
smokin' deal. Nice score !

I've had my trunk a couple of weeks now. Makes a world of difference. Carton of milk, rain gear stray cats...whatever I want to put in there. It's great !

·
Registered
223 Posts
smokin' deal. Nice score !

I've had my trunk a couple of weeks now. Makes a world of difference. Carton of milk, rain gear stray cats...whatever I want to put in there. It's great !
They actually hold a standard full face helmet too.

Unfortunately I use a Nolan flip up helmet which wont fit because of the extra width of the hinge mechanism.

·
Registered
409 Posts
yes the gl500's do have a nice look about them,is there any big reason why a standard cx could not take the gear besides luggage rails etc?

is there a length difference to stop it happening?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The back rest cushion is also in perfect shape and matches the seat. I consider myself fortunate to have found this. BillRod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.