Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a long winter I've totally stripped my 81 cx custom to bare parts. The frame and wheels have been sand blasted and powder coated with a Matte White finish. The engine totally rebuilt with the help of a few friends who work for Honda. It's all going to be reassembled this coming weekend but I need an idea for battery placement.I've already built a skeleton wiring harness with only essentials, which for me is starting and charging, headlamp and tail lamp. I may add an digital coolant temp gauge in the future. My original plan was to locate the battery where everyone else does but then i got to thinking about doing something different. My current idea is to locate my new fuse panel, battery and other original harness parts in a small military ammunition box where the airbox used to live.my battery and all essentials will fit comfortably inside the box. Trouble is I'd lose the space needed for my seat pan springs. If anyone has some ideas on other options or maybe even pictures to draw inspiration from that would be awesome. And I'll be sure to post pics of the bike when it's done. I'm hoping it won't look like any other CX still kicking these days. Thanks guys.=)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've seen a bobber style bike on here that has the seat a couple of inches above the frame with springs under it and it didn't look too shabby. In fact, I thought it looked pretty damn good. So maybe put the springs over the battery box? Just my thoughts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.