Honda CX 500 Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I'm in need of a front fender for gl500 preferably maroon but any color will do as long as its all there even cracked and or scratched is fine. About 1/3rd of mine was shattered at some point in its hard life.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi I'm in need of a front fender for gl500 preferably maroon but any color will do as long as its all there even cracked and or scratched is fine. About 1/3rd of mine was shattered at some point in its hard life.
I would have a silver one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much for it? also anyone have any front turn signal mounts? the metal stob that the light slides over...someone brokem off and welded it back and the point at the sky-tried to "rearch" them and broke one side off

·
Registered
318 Posts
Shipping will be your biggest expense. what's your zip.

·
Registered
318 Posts
There's a maroon one on ebay cheaper that I was quoted for shipping. $30.00 for that one and he is a forum member also.
eBay item number:

·
Registered
9 Posts
There's a maroon one on ebay cheaper that I was quoted for shipping. $30.00 for that one and he is a forum member also.
eBay item number:
I just bought the turn signal mounts from him and noticed the more from this seller at the bottom, there was the cheapest front fender on ebay was his. thanks anyhow :)

·
Registered
1980 Honda CX 500 Custom
65 Posts
Hi everyone.
I think I need the CX500 *NON CUSTOM) footpegs. I THINK my "new" cx 500 is a custom, I want my pegs to sit further back than they do currently. I'm guessing I'll need to modify my shifter and brake pedal too. My front pegs extend forward and down. I'd like a more sporty position. But I'm just over 6ft tall so hopefully this will still work ok.

·
Registered
1980 Honda CX 500 Custom
65 Posts
I made a new member thread.
I’m sure I have a custom now.

I’m in need of

cx500 foot pegs and shift lever, brake lever. I have nice pegs but my brackets put the pegs in a weird spot. move thought about swapping my pegs to opposite sides. I’ll then need to modify the shifter and brake. I’m not sure I want to lose rear braking power though.

I also need a rear brake return spring. Mine is not there.
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1982 gl500
78 Posts
Looks like my bike has had something chew up the bearings. Boo. I found one main bearing, NOS on ebay so at least I can fix the worse of them. If anyone happens to have one in good shape I would be eternally grateful if I could purchase it from you. I figure it may be easier to buy the whole end-cap just to get the bearing, but it is hard to judge them online, bit of a crapshoot.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
How is your crankshaft? I would bet it is trashed too and needs replaced. It is probably best to find a complete motor in running condition to replace your bad engine.

·
Registered
1982 gl500
78 Posts
How is your crankshaft? I would bet it is trashed too and needs replaced. It is probably best to find a complete motor in running condition to replace your bad engine.
Crank looks fine, whatever it was that went through, a chunk of something got past the filter I guess, it was harder than tin but softer than steel. Copper maybe.

·
Registered
1982 gl500
78 Posts
Ha okay I found one in stock on some German parts website I had to translate to read. Ordered it. Hope it arrives. Worst case I do have one bike that is an ongoing project I can pilfer parts from, but no guarantee that bearing is any better.

981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts