Honda CX 500 Forum banner

941 - 960 of 999 Posts

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", '83 GL650, '82 GL500 Project "AdventureWing", '79 CX500C, '78 CX500 Scrambler
10,393 Posts
That might be what I've got. Does it strap back to the h-box mounts under the engine?

·
Registered
331 Posts
That might be what I've got. Does it strap back to the h-box mounts under the engine?
No, it connects to the upper through bolt for the motor assembly. And 2 other locations out front.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The spares I have are identical to these on my GL650.
View attachment 202434
I’ve got that one on the CX650. Thanks so much for looking. I could use that fairing and lowers, as the one I have, hit a deer at 60mph. It is scratched up and the edging is damaged. But I’ve got another Vetter setup I can use.

·
Registered
1982 gl500
50 Posts
I am looking for a pair of front turn signal mounting brackets (and signals if available) for the rectangular style winkers. They are bolted to the lower triple tree and have ears sticking out for the signals to mount to. If anyone has a set sitting around I would be glad to buy them from you, I haven't been able to find a set on ebay or anywhere else.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
953 Posts
Need a rear brake caliper for a '82 gl1100 holding or 82cb 900c or 83cb1000. It is for a cx650e.

Cheap or free would be great.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm looking for the luggage strap hooks that are inside the GL500 Honda line saddlebags. I'm planning a 10 day road trip to Indiana in September and I'm trying to fix all the little things. Since the bags will be used as suitcases I wanted to make sure they are up to the task. The straps in the right bag had been cut off so I don't have the hooks. (see pics below). I would gladly pay for just the hooks or any and all parts related to the straps.

Bob C.

·
Registered
299 Posts
A trip to Indiana? All your going to see is beans on the right and corn on the left no matter what direction you go. Happy travels, but I don't have a clip for you, sorry.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't live there now but that's where I grew up. Outside of Winchester, IN. Haven't been home in 20 years. Figure it's about time to go back for a visit.

Bob C.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Im looking for a single HONDA tank badge and a locking lid assembly for a standard tank (not the deluxe). Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm looking for the luggage strap hooks that are inside the GL500 Honda line saddlebags. I'm planning a 10 day road trip to Indiana in September and I'm trying to fix all the little things. Since the bags will be used as suitcases I wanted to make sure they are up to the task. The straps in the right bag had been cut off so I don't have the hooks. (see pics below). I would gladly pay for just the hooks or any and all parts related to the straps.

Bob C.

View attachment 202544 View attachment 202545

·
Registered
109 Posts
I’m looking for a set of rubber tank mounts for a deluxe tank. Looking for both the front and rear mounts. Let me know if you got any you can ship to Vancouver, B.C. Canada.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,252 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
16,227 Posts
Call your local Honda dealer and see if they can get it for you. They may charge a bit more than the big online places but there is no shipping charge and if it isn't right they deal with returning it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looking for a clutch basket and primary gear of CX650T.

941 - 960 of 999 Posts