Honda CX 500 Forum banner

921 - 940 of 956 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey there Twin Cities Folks!

I managed to bungle the install of my new cam shaft oil seal, so I need a replacement. I was hoping to get this engine back together by the end of the day, and I'm wondering if anyone has one sitting on a shelf that they don't need in the next week or so that they could let me have or sell me. I will get a replacement for you as quickly as I can get one shipped to me.

Otherwise, I'll just be waiting a few more days for a part, and then the free time to spend wrenching again.

·
Super Moderator
20,783 Posts
Hey there Twin Cities Folks!

I managed to bungle the install of my new cam shaft oil seal, so I need a replacement. I was hoping to get this engine back together by the end of the day, and I'm wondering if anyone has one sitting on a shelf that they don't need in the next week or so that they could let me have or sell me. I will get a replacement for you as quickly as I can get one shipped to me.

Otherwise, I'll just be waiting a few more days for a part, and then the free time to spend wrenching again.
If you have a bearing shop in town the seal is a normal 17 x 28 x 7 at the front of the cam and 18 x 28 x 7 at the rear. I don't buy seals from Honda. Except for the output shaft seal.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My local bearing shop had this double lip oil seal in 18x28x6 - Does anyone have any insight as to whether this will work OK? It's definitely got a different interior profile than the Honda original.

IMG_3529.jpg IMG_3530.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 1980 cx 500 custom i have a list of things i need to replace on it but I'm on a very slow budget so i may only be able to prioritize and get one or two at a time .....
WILL WORK FOR PARTS!!!!

Front fork tubes
Speedo cable
Handle bars
Bar switches (clutch and throttle mounts)
Seat (really only NEED to replace the cover)
Bolts for rear subframe
Oil filter housing
Intake manifolds
Headlight housing
Front turn signals
Front fender
Side cover (left side protects battery)
Choke cable
Throttle cables
Front brake reservoir
Spark plug wires
Honda badge mounted to horn bracket
Probably a few more I'm missing but let me know what you have and prices
Maybe even what area you are maybe i can cut shipping cost and pick them up in person
i have all of these if you need nay still message me

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi folks, looking for a right side Markland crash bar.

921 - 940 of 956 Posts