Honda CX 500 Forum banner

901 - 920 of 926 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking for two tank emblems for a CX500 Deluxe tank, as well as the latch/lid assembly. Would pay handsomely for them!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I need a left side ignition coil, the one under the gas tank for a 1980 MUST be off a 1980. I'm going to try to make the ones I just got work, but my coils only have one wire coming from them. Left side (coil wire) is yellow, right side (coil wire) is orange.

Anyone got any that they KNOW work, please DM me. If you have questions I have photos of what I need. If you have the part DM me please.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
I need a left side ignition coil, the one under the gas tank for a 1980 MUST be off a 1980. I'm going to try to make the ones I just got work, but my coils only have one wire coming from them. Left side (coil wire) is yellow, right side (coil wire) is orange.
Any coil from a CDI CX (or any CDI bike, for that matter) will work. They aren't specific to any model year.
Also, the coils are identical, except for the color of the wire. They are completely interchangeable.

Randall

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
the guy who posted he "was going to " redo the boots never has done any that he has shown

the last time he posted he was not even using the right temp range of rubber yet

cx500 intake boots can still be purchased

david silvers spares carries them
Wow An awesome site! My oil filter adapter came last week. Will put it on the GL650 at the firs oil change. Thanks!

Honda Parts at David Silvers

·
Registered
6,506 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Any coil from a CDI CX (or any CDI bike, for that matter) will work. They aren't specific to any model year.
Also, the coils are identical, except for the color of the wire. They are completely interchangeable.

Randall
The coils I just bought off an 82 do not work. There are two wires feeding it, and the spark wire is too short. I just need the parts that'll work. I don't care what they're off of, they just have to match what I've got.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
The coils I just bought off an 82 do not work. There are two wires feeding it, and the spark wire is too short. I just need the parts that'll work. I don't care what they're off of, they just have to match what I've got.
The '82 isn't a CDI CX. It uses transistorized ignition, like the Silverwing.
You can use coils from a '78 to '79 CX500 Standard, a '79 to '81 Deluxe, or a '79 to '81 Custom.
Or just mount pit bike coils. They're inexpensive, and they aren't 40 years old.

Randall

·
Super Moderator
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 1979 speedo/tach gauges in good condition. I bought them many years ago, but sold my cx500 before I put them on. They have been in a box for about 6 years. I’m going to list it on eBay, but thought I’d check here first. I live south of Nashville, TN. I’d probably list it around $100 on eBay. If you want them, make me an offer and I’ll try to work out a deal. I hate to see them just sit. When I bought them, they were in working condition, but I never attached to my bike so I can’t confirm. Only the gauges and the surround piece (no front fairing attached) I’ll update this post when they sell. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in need of a starter clutch driven gear to replace the one on my GL650. Or a recommendation for a machinist in the Minneapolis, MN area the can shave a little off of my existing one to true it up. I am checking Ebay as well. I assume that a part from any GL/CX will all fit my machine?

IMG_3362.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Stop by this weekend, Issac. We'll see what I have in the stash.

Randall
Thanks for the offer Randall. I'm visiting my in-laws in Green Bay this weekend. We will be back in town on Sunday afternoon or early evening. I can text you when we get back to check in. If Sunday is no good we can figure out another time in the upcoming days that will work for you. I'm anxious to start the reassembly process!
Isaac

901 - 920 of 926 Posts