Honda CX 500 Forum banner

861 - 880 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
i have plenty of these if you stilll need it as well as almost allstock parts from a deluxe 5000 and custom 500 and after and oem parts that im trying to get rid of
message me if theres something you need i guarantee ill have it

bennabi256
I believe he is looking for Turbo parts not C or D model

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am looking for a water pump cover for my 1983 CX650, if anybody know's of where to find one. I just finished pulling my engine apart to replace the stator, and am in need of just that part for reassembly. Currently located in Minnesota. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
FYI: Both the GL & CX 650s use the same WP cover. It is different than the 500 WP cover. PM, me your email address and I can help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1980 cx 500 custom i have a list of things i need to replace on it but I'm on a very slow budget so i may only be able to prioritize and get one or two at a time .....
WILL WORK FOR PARTS!!!!

Front fork tubes
Speedo cable
Handle bars
Bar switches (clutch and throttle mounts)
Seat (really only NEED to replace the cover)
Bolts for rear subframe
Oil filter housing
Intake manifolds
Headlight housing
Front turn signals
Front fender
Side cover (left side protects battery)
Choke cable
Throttle cables
Front brake reservoir
Spark plug wires
Honda badge mounted to horn bracket
Probably a few more I'm missing but let me know what you have and prices
Maybe even what area you are maybe i can cut shipping cost and pick them up in person

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a 1980 cx 500 custom i have a list of things i need to replace on it but I'm on a very slow budget so i may only be able to prioritize and get one or two at a time .....
WILL WORK FOR PARTS!!!!

Front fork tubes
Speedo cable
Handle bars
Bolts for rear subframe
Oil filter housing
Intake manifolds
Headlight housing
Front turn signals
Front fender
Choke cable
Throttle cables
Front brake reservoir
Spark plug wires
Maybe even what area you are maybe i can cut shipping cost and pick them up in person
I have a parts bike that would give you every thing you need.
You need to put your location in your profile. USA is a big place and shipping will kill you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
WILL WORK FOR PARTS!!!!

Front fork tubes
Speedo cable
Handle bars
Bolts for rear subframe
Oil filter housing
Intake manifolds
Headlight housing
Front turn signals
Front fender
Choke cable
Throttle cables
Front brake reservoir
Spark plug wires
I have most of that stuff! PM me

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys. Just bought this silverwing and need a few small things for it.
first: I need a rubber bumper that goes under the passenger seat or luggage, its the one that just pushes into the frame. It’s about an inch in diameter and cupped.
second: I need the fabric snap cover for the left compartment in my windjammer. Not sure if these are universal. I can find the compartment but not the snap cover.
third: the lock levers for the hard bags. Wheres a good place to acquire these? Mine are pitted and rusty. Would like to change them out for new unkeyed ones.
Pictures to come......
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
13,461 Posts
If you're talking about the bike in your avatar pic (& that you posted pics of in your "new" thread), that isn't a Windjammer. Windjammer fairings were made by Craig Vetter; The one you have is a Honda Interstate fairing, which is a completely different item. I think the only parts that interchange between a Vetter and a Honda fairing are the bulbs in the lights.

The fairings Honda provided for the GL500/650 Interstate models (& sold as dealer accessories for other models) are the same as the ones that came on the GL1100 Interstate so if nobody here can help you and you have to look in eBay you will find more fairing parts listed for the GoldWing than the SilverWing.

If you are very lucky you might find a used cover in usable condition but it will be almost 4 decades old so don't be surprised if it doesn't last long. There have been reproductions made over the years but can't find one of those a local marine/auto upholsterer should be able to make one for you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Never mind-- I just patched up the old one.

I need the right hand switch assembly and harness for a GL650 or GL500 (same OEM# 35130-MA1-670). Condition of plastic unimportant, I can reuse mine -- I actually just need the harness, which is fried. ZIP 44303 Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looking for a bottle breather, Timing inspection breather plug: 12361-415-610 to put on my 79 CX500C with pod filters. Located in VA, can trade:
-Set of 80 heads with springs but no valves (I picked up from a salvage yard to raid for straight valves) appear in okay shape, can send photos.
-Airdam silicone material
-Hand sanitizer

·
Registered
24,143 Posts
newt if you have the head breather ports why would you want to change to the less effective bottle breather

the bottle breather was never intended by honda to be used and the only vent source it was introduced

as an additional vent if its the only one you use you will grow leaks if used on the highway

·
Registered
125 Posts
newt if you have the head breather ports why would you want to change to the less effective bottle breather

the bottle breather was never intended by honda to be used and the only vent source it was introduced

as an additional vent if its the only one you use you will grow leaks if used on the highway
Thanks Murray,
I was unsure what to do with the hose running from the head breather ports. Just make a separator/catch can on the end of that tube?

·
Super Moderator
13,461 Posts
Some have just added a suitable filter so that dirt can't be sucked in through it (most fuel filters filter at least as fine as an air filter) and routed the outlet below the bike.
FWIW, a few of us have done that even with the airbox in place to eliminate the chore of draining the yuck tube(s) and I even changed mine around to eliminate the separator completely and routed the drain tube to the side of the bike away from the sidecar. I use a cheap permanent fuel filter (a couple of $ on eBay) on mine because winter driving results in enough condensate to plug it so I need to open it up and clean it a time or 2 per winter.

Just make sure you route the open end where it won't spray oily goo all over the back tire....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking for a water pump impeller for a 1978 cx500. The one in my engine has rusted to the point of no return. Can't seem to find any after moderate Google searching.

·
Registered
8,168 Posts
Have you tried EvapoRust or Metal Rescue? Unless a lot of the surface has scaled away, a soak in this stuff will make it useable again.

Randall

861 - 880 of 911 Posts