Honda CX 500 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm sorry Gypsy, I should have updated that post. I'll do it now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Best of luck to you. I was horrified to think those bags would go to waste--let alone the bike as a whole, just because I'd grown curious about the front end.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi everyone, I’ve managed to put together a collection of GL650 Interstate parts that are starting to clutter up Garage Mahal, so its time to make some room.

Everything is free for the cost of shipping or postage. If you’re in the US, remember that it takes two carriers, two customs organizations and fees I don’t control to get an item to you. So it will cost more to mail it to you than if I was in New York and you’re in LA.

With that out of the way, I have the following:

1. Two fairings, one stripped one broken up a bit with speaker cutouts in primer and a silver one that’s in really good shape and mostly complete
2. Two spare windshields of unknown brand
3. I have a spare headlight assembly with bulb
4. Several pockets, both left and right
5. A starter motor
6. A set of coils, though I’ll double check that they’re not 550 coils shortly and update this post
7. A pair of side bags in good shape
8. A set of side covers
9. Various fairing lowers
10. An instrument set: speedometer, tach, indicator lights etc.
11. The box that holds all the connectors that mounts in front of the headstock

I’m sure I’ve forgotten various items so PM me if there’s something you’re looking for, I may have it. I will send pictures as requested so I don’t clutter this post.

Thanks for helping!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone, I've got a cb400t that I picked up an extra front wheel for before I knew what I was doing. Turns out the extra wheel is a completely different size (MT2.15x19 Comstar) and off of some sort of cx500? Hopefully someone here can confirm that. I thought I'd try here before craigslist. I would prefer to find someone locally (Vancouver, BC, Canada) but if you just want the brake disc I could try getting it off and just sending you that.

I don't know much about its history, it's pretty scratched up on one side, okay on the other. Wheel bearings are frozen, the little speedo thing is bent, tire is old. The disc is in pretty good shape, measures about 7.1 mm.

If someone picks it up they can have it for free or a small trade. If you want just the disc shipped somewhere I can go down to the states and send it to you for however much it'll cost + like 10$. Pm me so I see it. If you're building a custom cafe racer you can have it for the special price of 50$ because it has authentic cafe racing scratches.

Pictures:
IMG_7279.JPG
IMG_7280.JPG
IMG_7281.JPG
IMG_7282.JPG
IMG_7283.JPG
IMG_7284.JPG
IMG_7285.JPG

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have some Vetter trunk tail lamp lenses left over after switching to LEDs and one bulb funnel with a bit of a custom wiring job (ground tab broke so ground wire is routed directly to the bulb); it's tested and working—both filaments.

These are free for anyone who can make it to Minneapolis.

IMG_20180825_232746503.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a rolling chassis for an 82gl 500 and motor complete basket case that i am willing to let someone else take over, yep, its free,i just got a freebie 82 nighthawk and want to pass the love along i already have a gl650 and i need the room,i am in durham north carolina if you know anyone who wants a project.

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
i have a rolling chassis for an 82gl 500 and motor complete basket case that i am willing to let someone else take over, yep, its free,i just got a freebie 82 nighthawk and want to pass the love along i already have a gl650 and i need the room,i am in durham north carolina if you know anyone who wants a project.
Moved to the I have Free Stuff thread.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Free - you must pick up if you want these.

All items are located in Tampa, FL- two miles south of the Football stadium. GL500 items.jpeg

The front wheel might be from a CX500 vs the GL500 - I don't remember for sure.

The gas tank has a rust spot and leaks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Looking for a right saddlebag for silver GL650. I dropped my bike today :(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
779 Posts
All these items are now gone.

Reactions: Sidecar Bob
161 - 180 of 204 Posts