Honda CX 500 Forum banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
I'm selling a bunch of stuff cheap but there is too much to list here so I started a separate thread for it
I have reduced the price on everything that is left: $5 + actual postage for as much as you want (everything is still free for pickup at my home in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario).

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Winter is coming and this stuff is currently in the part of the garage where we park the car when it snows so I have to move all of it. I store the parts I keep for my own use in the garage attic, which means everything has to be carried up or down the ladder (I really don't want this stuff up there) and the only other places I have are are piled in the shop where I have to trip over it all winter, in the shed where the summer bike winters (limited space and inaccessible in winter) or outdoors (I may keep the frame until spring if nobody claims it this fall).
So yeah, EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Free stuff- Central NC- you gotta pick up!

Mostly 78-79 CX stuff: I have three 78 front wheels, one 78 rear wheel, several sets of 78-79 gauges, body panels (burgundy), two seat pans, two sets of forks and sliders , rear grab bar with turn signals, several sets of turn signals, a set of used heads (need cleaning up), couple of sets of carbs,other misc small parts laying around- come get it if you want it, otherwise it gets dumped!

·
Registered
78 CX500
5 Posts
Free to a good home: a rolling scrap pile of a '78 CX500 with a title (that matches the frame, but not the engine).

I got this bike for free, barely got it running, quit my job, and rode it to Guatemala with a couple of buddies. That was 2007. Last time it was ridden was probably 8 or 10 years ago. It started running rough (generic ebay coils???), and I had other bikes to ride, so it has sat since. Could probably be a rideable bike with a little work and some fresh rubber. Or, if you are gonna use it for parts, just don't tell me so that I can believe it went on to live a full, adventurous life. :p If you want it, you have to take it all! LOCAL PICKUP IN MPLS, MN ONLY

Features include:
- a custom exhaust made with a 4 cyl car muffler that was welded on in Guatemala
- a cracked and stitched windjammer windshield from when my brother crashed my U-haul in a North Dakota ice storm whilst moving cross-country
- dual sport handlebars w/ star grips
- faux carbon fiber front brake lever, on a Suzuki GS500 master cylinder (for better brake feel/leverage)
- extended rear rack w/ wire oven rack as saddle bag supports/heat shields
- tach welded to reposition redline at 12 o'clock (adds about 50 hp)
- sweet custom paint
- spare wheels (I was gonna build a sidecar, but never did)
- aftermarket ignition signal box because the stator gave up the ghost in Mexico and I had to get towed by my buddies KLR 650 for 1,500 miles to get back across the US border.
- still has pesos stacked on clutch springs to serve as shims/add preload since the springs measured slightly under spec whilst I was installing new friction discs when stranded at a whore hotel in Mexico

(not my) Crappy YouTube Vids of this bike:
pesos = clutch spring shim
peso installation
custom exhaust fab

jammer deep.jpg

I also have a piece of hot garbage 2002 Suzuki GS500, in case you are interested in a 2 fer nothing deal:

221 - 229 of 229 Posts