Honda CX 500 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got some stuff that's collecting dust and should go to a better home.
Parts from a 78:
  • Front caliper(I would rebuild),
  • Front controls with connectors intact(can send closeups if interested)
  • Fuse panel/diode with connector
  • ignition module
  • pair of intake manifolds(I'll include brand new VITON O-rings with them)
  • carb rebuild book,
  • brand new choke cable
  • 5/8 front master cylinder(I think from a mid 80s Honda Gl650)(I would also rebuild, but decent shape)
  • Two pair of side panels. The lower clip is broken on both left panels
  • Regulator(not pictured, one cable has some cosmetic damage to the plastic clip, but it works)
Can send detail photos upon pm request.

Just make a reasonable offer and pay for shipping(your choice of shipping speed, but I prefer usps priority)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 83 gl650 frame with the harness front wheel if any one needs parts off of or it! I took the handle bars seat tank (it didn't come w a rear wheel) but I have the rear wheel hub assembly I'll be swapping the drive over the gl500i but everything else is for grabs until I run out of things I could scavenge from it and scrap it. Also have a complete GL500i exhaust system. It does have the headlight and bucket (I took the frame) the fuse block is still there also.
If interested PM me

·
Registered
259 Posts
Fairing parts; mirrors, pockets, pocket covers, lids, covers, vents, lowers, etc. PM me if you need something.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have the wrap around saddle bag protector off a GL500 if somebody would like it. I believe its a markland. Local pick-up only, too big to ship.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Replied

·
Super Moderator
14,722 Posts
I'm selling a bunch of stuff cheap but there is too much to list here so I started a separate thread for it

·
Registered
365 Posts
Got some stuff that's collecting dust and should go to a better home.
Parts from a 78:
  • Front caliper(I would rebuild),
  • Front controls with connectors intact(can send closeups if interested)
  • Fuse panel/diode with connector
  • ignition module
  • pair of intake manifolds(I'll include brand new VITON O-rings with them)
  • carb rebuild book,
  • brand new choke cable
  • 5/8 front master cylinder(I think from a mid 80s Honda Gl650)(I would also rebuild, but decent shape)
  • Two pair of side panels. The lower clip is broken on both left panels
  • Regulator(not pictured, one cable has some cosmetic damage to the plastic clip, but it works)
Can send detail photos upon pm request.

Just make a reasonable offer and pay for shipping(your choice of shipping speed, but I prefer usps priority)
View attachment 201211
Do you still have the left handlebar controls?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone,

Finally completed my bobber conversion, see the image below for the remaining parts from the build. If you need more details on anything just ask. May have a few of the smaller bits in my hardware bucket if needed.

Will keep the parts on hand for about two weeks. Anything not requested will be junked.

Thanks all, MT.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Matt,

I tried looking at the link and was blocked, it stated i need to get access from you to look... probably not the best way to link something.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thought I had read a rule that hosting on the forum was to be avoided, my bad.

·
Super Moderator
14,722 Posts
2 generations of the forum software ago when Charles was paying out of pocket for hosting the forum that was recommended. The forum is now owned by a for profit company and supported by advertising and since the PhotoBucket debacle a couple of years ago we have realized that hosting the pics directly on the forum means that they will still be there as long as the forum exists.

·
Super Moderator
21,125 Posts
Nope, we prefer them to be forum hosted.

If you ever search through the forum for something you'll come across many threads where the pictures have been replaced with a message from the erstwhile host.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have found I also have stock airbox, airbox boots (not carb/intake manifold), and original coolant overflow tank

201 - 220 of 224 Posts