Honda CX 500 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
If no one wants them, at least save the Silverwing emblems before tossing them.

Reactions: OldGypsy

·
Registered
48 Posts
If no one wants them, at least save the Silverwing emblems before tossing them.
I'll be happy to cut the emblems out and mail those if someone wants them. Much less expensive in shipping. I think a simple bubble envelope would work fine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe so but I'm not doing it and it doesn't appear anyone here is interested either. Especially when you can get undamaged ones off ebay for $20. I'm sure in a few years I'll regret tossing these, that's how my luck goes. But I don't have room to store stuff like this anymore.

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
dont feel bad im sending truckloads to the dump all the time

everyones says they need it want it and in the odd case it may be true but you cant keep

it all forever and most of it is not in demand or worth the time to pack and ship anymore

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't feel too bad. I bought these two GL's because they came as a pair and one had a title. I don't know what the guy was thinking because both of them have new tires, the bikes didn't run. I can't figure it out, guess he was doing all he knew how to do and not taking care of the stuff that really needed takin care of. I sold a few things on ebay and i have a set of bags including the big trunk that are nearly perfect. I'll try to sell those before junking them along with the frame. C'est la vie.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looking for a main seat pan for an '83 GL650. My current seat is already perfect, but I want to make a custom seat without sacrificing the current one. I'll try ebay if no one has a pan here.

I'm in MA and will go to rice-o-rama next weekend to look there as well.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I'd take the small stuff, if there's no other interest. The wheel, forks, and shocks would be too heavy to ship, unfortunately. I'll take the radiator trim, if it fits in the box. If not, just the reflectors, if they're still attached.

Can you estimate shipping to 55418?

Thanks,

Randall

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd take the small stuff, if there's no other interest. The wheel, forks, and shocks would be too heavy to ship, unfortunately. I'll take the radiator trim, if it fits in the box. If not, just the reflectors, if they're still attached.

Thanks,

Randall
Sorry, Randall. A local guy just snagged the whole lot. I'll delete the post.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Randall, you forgot to ask me for any of those parts while you were here on the 1st. I could have helped you out.

Thanks,

Randall

Reactions: Sidecar Bob

·
Registered
137 Posts
-Set of 1980 cx500 heads with springs but no valves (I picked up from a salvage yard to raid for straight valves) appear in okay shape, can send photos.
-Air dam silicone material, enough for one more air dam

·
Registered
11 Posts
Currently parting out cx500 turbo, please reply in this linked thread.

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
Hi. In this forum it is frowned upon to post the same thing in different threads. I understand why you would post in several of the different sub-forum. The best way to do that is to post once and then post links to the first post in the other locations. That way all replies are collected in one place. A moderator will likely merge these threads into one. Welcome and good luck with your sales.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. In this forum it is frowned upon to post the same thing in different threads. I understand why you would post in several of the different sub-forum. The best way to do that is to post once and then post links to the first post in the other locations. That way all replies are collected in one place. A moderator will likely merge these threads into one. Welcome and good luck with your sales.
I fixed it

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've somehow wound up with 2 copies of the Clymer manual. Willing to send to whoever needs it. Just need you to cover shipping.

181 - 200 of 224 Posts