Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As the topic says, I found this old pic and asked my mother about it, she says I traded some "junk" English bikes and engines for it before I got the CX. Funny thing is, I have absolutely no recollection of having ever owned this bike.

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
For the simple value of what they are bring now days, I'll bet you wish you still had it. The bars look like a conservative attempt at ape hanger.

Nice clean bike Steve.

·
Registered
835 Posts

As the topic says, I found this old pic and asked my mother about it, she says I traded some "junk" English bikes and engines for it before I got the CX. Funny thing is, I have absolutely no recollection of having ever owned this bike.

That's a shame Cobram, that's a real classic. To find one that hasn't been chopped, or choppered, or mutilated in any way is very desirable. That is the first bike I had ever rode by myself. I must have been all of 14 at the time, and the owner had kept that bike right up until he encountered a moose in about 2003. - thankfully, both he and the moose survived, the bike however, not so lucky.

G

·
Nice looking bike,to bad you don't remember riding it,I still ride my 78 cb550k quite a bit,and can't honestly say which I prefer the SOHC or the Twisted.

I'm kind of partial to my cb though...

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
QUESTION FOR REG:

Was it the same over there in the 60's.....hippies, drug revolution, sex anyhow anyway with anyone and anti-government protests against war by the younger generation ??

Was England/Great Britain involved in Vietnam ?

Just curious

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
QUESTION FOR REG:

Was it the same over there in the 60's.....hippies, drug revolution, sex anyhow anyway with anyone and anti-government protests against war by the younger generation ??

Was England/Great Britain involved in Vietnam ?

Just curious

Haven't you heard of the British Invasion?

Seriously though, I don't think England was in the Vietnam war. Other than that I think the sixties was probably much the same in the U.S as England. I could be wrong but I think a lot of what went on in the U.S. started across the pond. I'm not saying that Reg started it,,but I have my suspicions.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was but a babe in 60's, the only affordable bikes and cars when I did come of age were from that era through. I used to fix'em up and pump them out, cars, bikes, lawnmower, whatever to keep the tank full and the bimbette de jour happy on the back of the bike. I remember most of them, many I'd like to forget (bikes and bimbetts.)

Here was one of my favorites, which I remember very well, a real ice breaker after a two up ride at redline.

It was a '68 or '69 "Grand Prix" 350, junked it after my gibblet head cousin borrowed it and blew the engine (ran it without 2 stroke juice.) I traded a 10 speed bike for it IIRC.

·
Registered
860 Posts
"bimbette de jour"
Nice phrase. About your CB SOHC/4 - if you had ridden it for any length of time you would have likely remembered its smoothness. I wish I still had my 78 CB750F- totally reliable,except in the rain.

·
Registered
25 Posts
"bimbette de jour"
Nice phrase. About your CB SOHC/4 - if you had ridden it for any length of time you would have likely remembered its smoothness. I wish I still had my 78 CB750F- totally reliable,except in the rain.
My current bike is a 78 CB750F, black. Love it! So much get up and go, no issues so far. But I haven't been in the rain yet!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My current bike is a 78 CB750F, black. Love it! So much get up and go, no issues so far. But I haven't been in the rain yet!

IMHO, the customs were the best looking of the CB's, there was a gorgeous one at THIS EVENTlast year. About half way down my post in that thread.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I found a bike in Pittsburgh for sale I thought it looked familiar... Then I remembered Cobram's picture

this one looks nice wish i had the money though

Yamaha YCS 180

1967 yamaha ycs 180 bonanza - $500 (butler pa)

Date: 2011-07-10, 3:20PM EDT

Reply to: [email protected] [sup][Errors when replying to ads?][/sup]

running antique...have title...is a bit rusty..mint seat/pan, has tool kit..a worthy bike for restoration not too bad shape for 44 yr old bike

runs well..will need tires and headlight for inspection

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.