Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think this friends thing is odd? For the most part aren't we all friends or advanced acquaintances.

Mine must be set for accept everyone. Not that i'm turning people down but I didn't have to accept them it just all went to the friends box.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yes, I think its odd, this old fart can't figure out how you get those cute little icons under your name. BTW, how did you become an advance member & poor old souls like Phil and I are referred to as newbies? How long has this new board been up & running? So far everything I try has worked great, apparently there are some things I don't know how to try.....yet!

Gene

PS: Why do you have 3 little dots and I only have one, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Yes, I think its odd, this old fart can't figure out how you get those cute little icons under your name. BTW, how did you become an advance member & poor old souls like Phil and I are referred to as newbies? How long has this new board been up & running? So far everything I try has worked great, apparently there are some things I don't know how to try.....yet!

Gene

I agree, it seems odd,(maybe because I don't have any
) but there are some other cool features, the "Topic Preview" is neat, and I see there is a "Fast Reply" as well as a "Multi-Quote" feature.

Gene, Stitch is an advanced member because he already has 45 posts
Same reason for the 3 dots.

The cute little icons are under your name but you won't see them because you would not need to PM yourself or add yourself as a friend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
for our comunity odd yes but for other blogs with many thousand people a ffriends list is good. Makes sending a pm a one click wonder. Here I really dont don't think its necesary but what can we do.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gene

I really want to figure out the scale of Newbie to master but what I know is

Under 10 is Newbie

10-20 is Member

21-40 is Advanced Member.

I could only wonder what's next.

Besides you will always be a Senior Member to me.

·
Registered
385 Posts
your still an AM at 48 posts... maybe 50 is the next cut off?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I agree, it seems odd,(maybe because I don't have any
) but there are some other cool features, the "Topic Preview" is neat, and I see there is a "Fast Reply" as well as a "Multi-Quote" feature.

Gene, Stitch is an advanced member because he already has 45 posts
Same reason for the 3 dots.

The cute little icons are under your name but you won't see them because you would not need to PM yourself or add yourself as a friend.

Well, shucks! I reckon that explains it all. Sorta wish I could see those cute little buggers, tho. Dang, I guess I was doing good to find my favorite emoticon
So you're saying fin I want them cute little dots all I got to do is throw up a bunch of posts.....OK, here goes.

Gene

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
 I'm still trying to figure out how to make this thing send me email notification when somebody replies, I haven't even started to look at the 'friends' feature.  Hey, 'm a 'member' now! 

·
Registered
154 Posts
i don't know if having friends on here means anything other than having them. if that's the case, then it's a little odd. i'm also a member of an fz6 forum. on that forum we can have friends. and there's a feature that allows you to chat (kinda like facebook) with your friends. it's pretty handy. if you could do that here it would make sense.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope it's not another chat function ability. Bad enough facebook went crazy on me. Seems everyone switched from the conventional messenger to using it. Forever I couldn't keep people from bugging me there. Then I rerouted it over to my Adium. Now things are happy again.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I don't want no friends, they're just extra baggage.

Gene, for emoticons, when creating a reply, click the little yeller feller on the tool bar (below FONTS and SIZES (make mine LARGE PLEASE. This opens a little window of available yeller fellers on the right of the screen to choose from. If that doesn't work, click "USE FULL EDITOR at the bottom, them click the yeller feller in the tool bar.

What I can't do yet is reverse the order of viewing the posts. I want to see the last one at the top dammit!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
What I can't do yet is reverse the order of viewing the posts. I want to see the last one at the top dammit!

Below is an answer I posted to Dave in Wisconsin regarding the same topic.

I don't think that is an option,,if you go to the top right corner of this page and click on your user name then "my settings", then the "Forums" tab, the last box on the page is "Topic Display Mode" there are 3 options,,"Standard", "Linear+", and "Outline". None of these options will display the thread the way you want,,but if there was a "Linear-",,I think, I'm not sure, that that would do what you want. I don't know if Charles has the choice of adding that as an option or not though.

There is a link on the topic page to go to the first unread post in the thread though, it is a little arrow in front of the topic.

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
Rich, in addition to what Allan said, there is also a button on the top right that says view new content

Joel in the Couve

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,263 Posts
Rich, in addition to what Allan said, there is also a button on the top right that says view new content
And when you open a thread under "View New Content" it opens to the next posting after the last time you opened the thread.

R

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
 I'm still trying to figure out how to make this thing send me email notification when somebody replies, I haven't even started to look at the 'friends' feature.  Hey, 'm a 'member' now! 

There is a "Click to configure post options" button under the text box you use when replying to posts, if you click it, there is an option there to "Enable email notification of replies".

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I thought the friends thing kinda handy for creating PMs and things. Little odd I guess, but nice. I started adding peeps from my area for things like rides and stuff.

I think the member ranks are still defaulted, but Charles can change the numbers and what they are called. My old site we made up a bunch of fun names for each level.

Still trying to figure out if there is a mod to invert the post order for users that like that.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
(make mine <FONT size=7>LARGE PLEASE</FONT>.This opens a little window of available yeller fellers ......

src="http://cx500forum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/angry.gif">
[/quote]

Rich, I agree, but it appears that is not provided for. I hope maybe in the future that is an option we can get.
Gene

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.