1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
I believe the guy who owns this business (JZR) is in the North of England, Darwen in Lancashire - John Ziemba. There is an owners club, actually called a Pilots Association - how good is that?!! I bought a couple of CX500 engines which used to belong to a guy who built JZRs who moved on to using Moto Guzzi engines. I could be tempted by a JZR - they look great fun. There are a couple of clips on Youtube.

·
Registered
773 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
This is very strange....this is exactly why I bought my CX500!!! I was thinking of making a reverse trike as they are called styled after this machine!!!! Excellent!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
See my avatar pic.......

I built my JZR about 16 years ago, and thoroughly enjoy it. It has a 1978 CX 500 motor up front.

Have a look on the JZRPA (JZR Pilots Association) website, some good info and lots of pics.

Malcolm

·
Registered
820 Posts
OK ?? Seat belts required ??

·
Registered
217 Posts
OK ?? Seat belts required ??
Mmmm. Difficult to answer on a public forum!

In the UK there are cars with them fitted, and cars without them. There are drivers who wear them and drivers who don't. Many prefer to wear a helmet. My car is fitted with fixed lap and diagonal belts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
@derek Interestingly, all the older posts were from members not active in five years. A couple were last active a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
'82 GL500 '83 GL650 '21 RoyalEnfield INT650
2,499 Posts
I like the jzr kit, the problem is licensing it as a home-built and getting safetyed as a car or a cycle?
Depending where you live check the requirements first.
This is an excellent kit.........Derek
I believe, in Minnesota, if you sit in a saddle, it is a Trike Motoccycle. If you sit in bucket seats, it is a car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Florida is pretty generous. My JZR is registered as a 1983 Honda motorcycle. The donor vehicle for the engine/trans. In fact, my vanity plate is "JZR". We have not had state inspections for many years, and you would be surprised some of the stuff that is licensed and on the road.

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
FYI, Willys has not been on the site since 2017. That information is available if you hover your cursor over the posters name.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts