Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was disappointed to find it's been stripped of the plastic but still, it's 650! Is it possible to swap the fairing and bags from a 500?

·
Registered
109 Posts
You didn't give hardly any information so I can't answer any of the other questions, but as to using a 500 fairing and bags, the short answer is yes.

There are earlier threads about the differences between a Standard and an Interstate as well as the differences between a 650 and a 500 that should help you with the choice.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Coolios...
yes, the GL500I hardware will fit.... the GL's came in 2 different configurations.....
The Interstate models came with hard bags, a bigger trunk (that fits where the pillion seat goes), and a Hondaline fairing......the fairing is the same as used on the GL1100 in fact.... also seen them on some of the 900's
the standard GL came with only a small trunk and a pillion).....
EACH of them have their respective followers, and to be honest, the "naked" GL is gorgeous in it's own right...
as a "daily rider" around town, the naked GL may be the better option

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a spare set of 650 plastic

I was disappointed to find it's been stripped of the plastic but still, it's 650! Is it possible to swap the fairing and bags from a 500?
I have a spare set of 650 plastic, all the plastic parts except the wind sheild.
I am in tewkesbury if you are interested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,tudawgz . I knew it looked like the Goldwing and CX fairing but did not know it was the same one. It makes sense that it would be. However I'm sure the mounts are different between the CX and Goldwing so I'd try to get one from a CX to have the best chance. I'm perfectly able to adapt a Goldwing mount if that's what I find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts