1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't know about you but I have to try on a lot of helmets before I find one that fits my head properly. I bought a new helmet this spring and I must have tried on at least 50 and a dozen different makes before I found one that felt good. I think that you should buy the one that feels good on your head.

·
Super Moderator
15,414 Posts
Any chance to get one in hand. I like the scorpion helmets. Yet I wear KBC. It's all about the fit. I tried on a Icon helmet retailing for $300 and selling for $95. I really liked it but when I put it on something just didn't fit right. It's all about the fit and comfort.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Looking at the reviews the Scorpion was universally liked by all of the reviewers (21). The other was also liked but only two folks had reviewed it. That tells me something right there. But definitely I would try it on before I bought it... that's why I buy my helmets in local shops. I'm tough to fit and so far I've only gotten a Shoei in 3XL to be comfortable. But that's me.

I note the Scorpion is Snell rated.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Caleb, I've had a SparX for 3 years now, it's pretty good and for the price it's great.  It's not snell rated but it's got the euro rating which everything I've read says is better than snell.  It's relatively quiet both with and without a wind shield, and the visor has vents that definitely help with air flow.  Also the visor has a small detent that lets your crack it open a little for the hot times.  The only thing it doesn't have that I think I'm going to look for in a new helmet is a chin curtain.  I really don't think there's a better helmet for the price.

Have you been on Webbikeworld.com?  They've got the best helmet reviews I've seen yet, that's what convinced me to buy the Sparx to begin with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts