Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys i just thought i would make a post just to let everyone know that i am still alive and doing good i have been working now i am making 75 bucks a day for 5 days a week (isnt great but.......)and even if i work 13 hrs its still only 75 bucks...but i am working for a fencing outfit called unique gate and fence here in oklahoma city past couple of days i have been getting home around 8pm and later.......yesterday i got home at 9pm i started work at 730 so if your good at math you would figure out yes i was making less than min wage.........so in other words i am going to look for another job or atleast one that pays hourly......well i am rather tired right now so i think i shall goto sleep

so just a recap yes i am alive and yes i am going strong and working my freaking butt off and on a plus side i am still smoke free!!!! and feeling healthier

·
Super Moderator
11,455 Posts
I'm glad your doing well, buddy. I can't blame you for looking for something more "legal"....not sure how that outfit can get away with that.....

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Thats great lucky. Hard work never killed anyone...right away at least. And after a lifetime of hard work we get to pass away to a better place, so it is all worth it! At least that is what the boss tells me as he drives off in his Corvette for a round of golf. Plus it beats despair; we are usually just too busy and too tired to get depressed. And on top of all that, there is the satisfaction of a job well done, so who needs to be reimbursed fairly for their hard work? Apparently not the working man anymore. I know because I am a member of the over worked underpaid majority, and consider myself lucky to have a job at all! Keep up the good work Lucky, better days are ahead I just know it.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Worst case don't forget 7-11 pays 11.25/hr starting with a large benefit package.

No word from PepBoys? Have you tried any of the others (Hibdon's, Firestone, etc)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
good news Lucky,im thinking of ya.slowely catch a monkey.keep your eyes peeled.in the minute you will have form.......the good sort i may add.a reputation....all the best to your family

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I can't even remember the name of the street his new house is on or I'd drop by to see what it looks like with furniture and stuff in it. Really nice 3 bedroom house with a huge fenced back yard, perfect when you've got a 2 year old and two dogs.

Ah well, I've got to "pay part of my rent" by going out and doing a little yard work. I've got to transplant a small bush to another location and put some flowers in where it was.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
i'm glad to hear you are still fighting Lucky. Best of luck to you and your family in Oklahoma.

Yea, we'll make an Okie Hick out of him in no time. So far he seems to enjoy everything being 1/2 the price it was back where he was living and we've got jobs everywhere. Matter of fact we've got a bunch of temp agencies that if you just show up at 6:30 or so in the morning they'll find you $10/hr work and you get paid on a daily basis. Probably his hardest adaptation will be learning to adapt to how really laid back we are here as opposed to a nervous rat race.

He'll also have a bunch of new slang to get used to. Here and in most of Texas we kind of speak a different language.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ha! I get you on the slang. My aunt from Tulsa was always interesting with conversation. You never knew if you should be offended. She was always smiling so we figured all was good. But, there was that one time she walked in front of the fan and let one rip..It was hot in Tulsa that day. I can still taste it. Horrible.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey marshall the name of my street is rhode island 2609 n rhode island the quickiest way to my house from yours is to (from leaving your house) is to hang a left on hefner rd and go all the way to the 77 south (235 or broadway extension)turn right on the highway and take that to the exit for NE 23rd (state capitol) and turn left (east) and go down about a mile and you should see a sign that says tates on the left hand side of the road well thats rhode island and now then turn left (north) and go all the way down to the 2 house from the end on the left and then thats my house

see i am going used to this area i am going to be home all weekend so feel free to stop by.......

and no this is not thread jacking because this is my own thread.....

and oh yea i am going to be fighting tooth and nail for my family

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.