Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an opportunity to buy a frame and tile. 78 deluxe. What’s the going usd purchase price. ? The frame would need to be sandblasted for sure.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Not much. I bought my first 1980 Deluxe for $800 dollars. Non-runner with spark. It had not been licensed since 1990 with around 3000 miles. paint and chrome in near perfect condition.

My next was another 1980 Custom this time. The guy had it for sale for $500 dollars. It was in pieces so I passed. Some time later he call and offered it for free. He lost his storage space and need it to go. He had it apart to fix a broken engine mount and he wanted to paint the engine to match the bike. Anyway a CX with just a title is just about worthless.

Go find a running bike or at least one that has spark. I always say if a Honda has a spark it will run without much work.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant frame with tile. I already have the bike for under 300

·
Registered
584 Posts
I agree with Fatboy, with some people literally giving away complete bikes for free i don't think a frame with a title is worth much. Someone gave me two complete bikes with titles, i hope to make one runner out of the two. I guess its only worth what you are willing to pay for it, how bad do you need one?

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
By itself, not a lot.
If you have a non-titled, running bike you want to swap onto it, look at it in the context of your overall cost.
Also, be sure that it's straight. Otherwise, it's worthless.

Randall

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He wanted too much. But he understood as I would have to paint or powdercoat it and it would far exceed what I would want to pay at the end.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
My present bike was a complete runner with a speed wobble ,price 6 pack of Guiness Beer or$17.45 Canadian. Scrap metal is presently $10 a ton ,so not worth the gas to go get it I would say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts