Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my jets in the mail from jets-r-us and am looking forward to hopefully getting those issues worked out. Here is my question. When you guys rejet your carbs, do you pull the carbs off the bike just to change the jets or just pull the float bowl off and do the work with the carbs still on the bike. I cant see any problems with going the easy rout and leaving the carbs on the bike but I just wanted to double check and make sure this is how everyone else does it.

Thanks

Cody

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
With your 78 it's pretty easy to do it while they are on the bike. I use a combination of 1/4" drive extensions and a phillips tip taped in a 1/4" socket. It works very well.

·
Registered
724 Posts
someone at some point suggessted to me that you replace the screws on the float bowls with allen heads to make r&r easier. you will be pulling these off more than once so i suggest it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to order the screws from jets-r-us but forgot to do it. Is there another place that would be local that I could go pick them up at? maybe a hardware store or some place like that?

Cody

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
You may find some in a DIY store or use Yellow pages.I got mine from a local Nut's and bolts suppliers/fasteners suppliers.I think they are Metric M3 or 4 Allen screws/bolts but can't remember off hand.It makes the whole in-bike carb service jobs easier like cleaning float bowls out from time to time.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Any ACE or True Value, etc store will have them. You can also get them from McMaster-Carr, about $5 for a bag of 100 + shipping.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I replaced all my carb screws with socket heads and am so glad i did.

It is a good suggestion!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
How do I re-jet ?

Well when the first plane lands I get off, walk to the next gate I'm supposed to be at then get on that one: REJETTING

Before anyone yells at me for this and tells me it was un-called for, I'M SORRY

Just lightening things up Cody....good luck with your carbs, hope ya get it "jetted" right and get her going soon !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts