Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site, but I thought I would suggest a forum for those building bikes, whether restoring or modifying. There's one on the sohc4 site for cb honda owners that allows you to follow others' builds from beginning to end. I documented my cb750 build over a two-year period. These can be more helpful than shop manuals sometimes, because we can share our errors and successes with the viewer. We can also answer questions from seasoned builders. I know theres a forum for mods, but I'm talking about a project shop forum. Any thoughts on this?

So far this site has been great. I am tearing my bike down and am documenting the process in detail with photos to aid me when it is rebuild time....

cheers,

Ed

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
It's a decent idea, but I think the Custom and Mod section carries most of what you describe anyway. And getting Charles to create a new section might be a hard sell. Between that section, and the General/Tech areas, it all gets covered.

I understand your thought, but we can only basically work with what we have. I don't think the Moderators can craft new sections. Others have suggested similar ideas, for various itemized things like this, and it hasn't gone anywhere.

Just my thoughts.

Joel in the Couve.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
The customs section is the way to go and if you want to follow it just click at the top where it says Watch This Topic.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
It's a decent idea, but I think the Custom and Mod section carries most of what you describe anyway. And getting Charles to create a new section might be a hard sell. Between that section, and the General/Tech areas, it all gets covered.

I understand your thought, but we can only basically work with what we have. I don't think the Moderators can craft new sections. Others have suggested similar ideas, for various itemized things like this, and it hasn't gone anywhere.

Just my thoughts.

Joel in the Couve.
agree 100%,custom and mod.is enough.splitting projects down further is not needed or required.just my thoughts anyway

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
OK. Works for me. Don't want to be a pain in the butt.

You're not a pain in the butt. That's all covered in the Tech section!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.