Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my Dowco cover off the other morning and I broke the the remaining "horn" off. I should say the trumpet part of the horn. It originally had 2 trumpets, not it has none.
Frankly they seemed like plastic junk to me. Any thought on where I can get a better horn, or at least a more rugged one.

On a positive note, the dowco cover worked great. We had a monsoon here last night and the the bike is bone dry while sitting outside.

Thanks again for any help you may offer.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I've fitted a Stebel Magnum,"Low Note"to both my CX500s,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_vqyi_owAI

HTH

I gave one of those to my brother as Christmas gift and just installed it.

On the ride back to his house today after installing it, I was passing a semi who forgot to turn off his turn signal and I blew the horn at him to tell him the signal was on and he jumped in surprise when I blew the horn.

It is definitely loud enough.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Taking my Dowco cover off the other morning and I broke the the remaining "horn" off. I should say the trumpet part of the horn. It originally had 2 trumpets, not it has none.
Frankly they seemed like plastic junk to me. Any thought on where I can get a better horn, or at least a more rugged one.

On a positive note, the dowco cover worked great. We had a monsoon here last night and the the bike is bone dry while sitting outside.

Thanks again for any help you may offer.

I've got a single GL horn (from an Interstate) if you need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts