Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weekend in Knoxville is the Honda Wind Ding and of course the place is covered in Wings.

I rode down to Deals Gap to see how the flat landers were handling the mountains.

At the Gap, the drive way out is rather steep and you don't stop because there is no place to put your foot down, it's to steep!

There is another way out that is flat but why no one figures it out is beyond me!

Sitting on the pouch telling tall tales and watching the flat landers we watched this wing rider pull up the steep exit and stop!

He put his foot out to steady the bike and found nothing but air! Over he went and his rolly polly wife was dumped on the drive and rolled back down into the parking lot

with a separated shoulder! Helmet worked OK but that little nylon jacket, not so much.

OK everyone rushed to set the bike up and call the EMT for his wife but not an hour later, same thing but this guy was solo.

TRIKES! they are every where. What's the point, just go but a little Mazda Miata.

·
Registered
163 Posts
wow, a little negative are you? isn't the wing ding all about wings? what would you expect to find there? and as far as tipping over goes i am sorry for the guys wife and separated shoulder. that ended what was to be a fun time for them. i'm sorry everyone isn't the high caliber rider you are and have never fallen over. sounds to me you went there to laugh at people. and as far as mountains go.....well you guys don't know what a mountain looks like. some people like trikes and some people like two wheels. i think trikes and side hacks are a good way for some people to extend there riding time when for whatever reason they can't manage to handle a 900 lb bike on two wheels.

you sound to me like you are pretty young yet. get a life franko.

Ravyn

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No,not making fun but you'd think they would be smarter than they are after they have been told about a better way out.

And I am Sorry they had to leave on a downer. Trikes might be in my future when I'm older but now at 63 I'm not ready.

An 800 lb. bike is no bike, that's just to big IMHO!

It was fun to see where this people come from an to talk to them. Most are smart and with it folks, other, more money than sense to be sure!

The Wings brought a lot of money to town so this is a good thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.