Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a small manufacturing and prototyping company that makes replacement parts for industrial, automotive & cycle parts. We have been in business for the past year and we have over 40 years of experince in this type of business. We can make after market parts from poloymer & resin. We are willing to see what kind of call there is for these parts for the CX650 Custom Honda as the tools to manufacture for them are costly. Please post what parts you are in need of and what the present cost is that you are purchasing them for.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Pistons NLA

Rings NLA

Side Panels NLA

What kind of prices are you thinking? Most engine parts for this bike is also shared with the gl650 which also has a good deal of NLA parts.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
We can make after market parts from poloymer & resin.

Pistons NLA

Rings NLA

Side Panels NLA

What kind of prices are you thinking? Most engine parts for this bike is also shared with the gl650 which also has a good deal of NLA parts.

Stitch,,I don't think he is talking engine parts,,side panels sound like a possibility though.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Stitch,,I don't think he is talking engine parts,,side panels sound like a possibility though.

Ah now I see poly resin. Guess it's only side panels then. Still NLA.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we make a lot more than side covers we also make air boots,manifoldes,fenders,air boxes,seals,gaskets and anything else that is eather rubber or plastic

·
Registered
313 Posts
JSD. would you need a "perfect" doner to use as a prototype for each item? or do you have the ability to fabriate a new good mold with a broken item?

Some of use may have some items we could "lend"... lending good items way worry some of us due to their rareity....

Tim

·
Registered
762 Posts
I believe he is a CX/GL owner but don't know which bike as its not in his signature line in his profile

·
Registered
511 Posts
A lot of side covers on the 650 customs get broken because many folks don't realize that to get them on and off safely you really need to remove the seat so the connecting points dont get over stressed and crack the covers. I think a lot of them get lost on the road as a result. These buggars are nearly impossible to find so when they come up for sale they can get pretty pricey. These might be items worth considering duplicating.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JSD. would you need a "perfect" doner to use as a prototype for each item? or do you have the ability to fabriate a new good mold with a broken item?

Some of use may have some items we could "lend"... lending good items way worry some of us due to their rareity....

Tim
we can make a new piece for an old piece as long as the extent of the damage is not to bad

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess that boils down to price.

Good tail pieces are NLA; Good side panels, NLA; intake maifolds with good rubber, NLA; Gas tanks w/o rust, NLA.
we make tail pieces side panels and even all manifolds that are all resistance to gas and price wise the more people want them the less they will cost

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about the carb insulator boots. Just the rubber boot without the metal piece. Would you be able to make those? Oh and mine would be a 500 don't know if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a decient right side for the cx650 and my rear tab is broke and missing from my left...

I also have an extra frame that has a rear fender, might have a crack (?)

I'm sure that if you listed a cost for a each item if you were to make 20 sets would be a good estimate to start with...

Tim

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about the carb insulator boots. Just the rubber boot without the metal piece. Would you be able to make those? Oh and mine would be a 500 don't know if that makes a difference.
yes we can but before we do we need a few orders or the price will be a bit high because of the price of the mold so the more you guys want the cheaper they get

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a decient right side for the cx650 and my rear tab is broke and missing from my left...

I'm sure that if you listed a cost for a each item if you were to make 20 sets would be a good estimate to start with...

Tim
ok i will look into the price for the side panels they should be 125$ or less and they do not come painted they come gray you have to paint them the color of your choice

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Tim
we have side panels from my bike but what shape is the fender in ?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.