Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Welcome and please don't take this the wrong way but I hate when people post things for sale and don't give a price.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I want to know how much he paid for it in the first place.

I hope he is getting ready to take a bath!

Custom bikes are not usually a good investment. I love the ones that come up on eBay or craigslist, $40,000 invested $20,000 OBO. Then they sit there unsold either because never making reserve or the listing expires.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
At least it looks like it has a comfortable riding position... (I know, i'm being bad) :p

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I really couldn't imagine that being ridden very far at all...
Looks like the original tank mounting plate will slice off your goolies when you do an emergency stop!
Another CX destroyed...

·
Registered
322 Posts
I really couldn't imagine that being ridden very far at all...
Looks like the original tank mounting plate will slice off your goolies when you do an emergency stop!
Another CX destroyed...
Qualify what you mean by "destroyed".... I think this bike may have been in a far poorer state when this project started... I for one like the concept.

Reactions: XXWoodmanXX

·
Super Moderator
5,160 Posts
No fenders, that I can see, make this a fair weather bike. I also don't see turn signals or temperature gauge, both valuable accessories to have on a CX. There is also the goolie catcher/slicer.

To each his own, just not my cup of tea. I hope that a sale is made.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I hate seeing the pharmacist getting beat up here on his bike I am sure he’s got a small fortune invested in. I am certainly not interested in a bike like this but it looks like a well built bike. Definitely not a long distance comfort machine but I have yet to see a cafe racer that is. I think it does look kind of cool with the rider on it. Looks like he is sitting on air. I also like the speedometer integrated in the triple tree. Good luck with the sale of your bike and don’t let the insults bother you.

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
Like the nifty feature that keeps the handlebars from hitting the tank......the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Don’t get my comments wrong, I kinda like the bike’s looks. It is certainly different. It is not a touring bike by any means. That said it may be great for jetting around town or backroads.

It is one of those bikes where you spend lots of money to build or get it built (even worse) and then recoup a fraction of your costs when selling.

As for BBCR, the owner may well be better served not to mention who did the build.

·
Registered
24,450 Posts
Have any of you guys ever thought about how the comments and crack

and devaluing statements always made over any bike posted here is

one of the largest reasons why the cx has never grown in value

anything shown on this forum is picked apart and run down so we keep the prices down

we have the largest world wide forum for a single bike yet its the bike that year after year grows the least in value

go look in the mirror and you will see why.

Believe me i know most of you would never pay anywhere near the money a show piece costs

but if the bashing stopped i bet the value of a starter bike would start climbing

and if the lot of you that think stock bikes are the way then quiet down with the cheap talk long enough for the price to climb

we the forum are global reference point used by the masses so if we talk cheap all the time

guess where the value goes?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Well I believe in free speech and freedom of expression.
I think its grotesque and in my opinion BBCR have no right to call themselves 'engineers'
by compromising the stuctural integrity of a bike that way.
Honda built the mono shock models like the engineers they are, if they built a bikes rear end like that
flimsy example they'd be subject to universal scorn and severely damage their reputation.

I have never had, nor wanted a stock CX and tinkering/modding is part of the fun
and take my hat off to the good, well engineered mods I've seen.
These bikes are typical of a superficial form over function fad I cannot and will not
allow any respect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts