Honda CX 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Richmond, Maine checking in. Looking forward to Spring actually arriving. Keeps flip flopping warm/cold here with just enough snow to keep the roads messy and warm days odd enough to keep it difficult to get up good momentum in the shop. Though by the time the roads are good, my bike should be good to go too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bangor, Maine here. The GL500 Interstate has been off the road since mid-December. I'll be pulling it out of hibernation this weekend for another season.

I also have a second '82 GL500 and a CX500 that are in parts that the moment. Once I wrap up my current CB project those two are next on the list to get running again.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Temple, southern NH. We had a couple of warm days earlier, so of course I woke the bike from hibernation....! (modified GL650) The second time staring it up, the starer clutch broke!! Now I'm in the middle of fixing the problem, with Murrray's help and David Silver Spares. I WANT TO RIDE...!!

On a side note, to all the 650 riders: Check your starter motor! If it doesn't crank properly, it will kill your starter clutch over time! Check out my thread "Is it safe to pushstart the bike.....".

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hey, just checking in here, I didn't realize til just now there were forums this far down the page :confused: There are several of us east of New Haven, CT, RichNCT (me) Bro Dave, Bro Steve, Kevin, Ernie (in season) and RichG. A spring ride to ToyMakers is a rite of (late) spring for us. Dirtnap, how do you figure ToyMakers is only 35 miles from NW R.I.? I want to ride thru that black hole, heh heh.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey, just checking in here, I didn't realize til just now there were forums this far down the page :confused: There are several of us east of New Haven, CT, RichNCT (me) Bro Dave, Bro Steve, Kevin, Ernie (in season) and RichG. A spring ride to ToyMakers is a rite of (late) spring for us. Dirtnap, how do you figure ToyMakers is only 35 miles from NW R.I.? I want to ride thru that black hole, heh heh.
Hi Rich - I'm in East Windsor, CT and would love to join you on the Toymakers run if my bikes back together then...

Ron

·
Registered
529 Posts
All of you are soooooo close to the once every two year fall rally in Vermont it would be great to meet ya'll. Check out the post in traveling section, Northeast Riders; It's coming up in 3 weeks!
...and here I am with my bike in pieces on the lift waiting for parts sniff....sniff....

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Vt Rally will be mid Sept, exact weekend tbd. This year, 2017. Just a preliminary heads up for now, but there are many postings from previous New England Rallys, look in the odd years . . .

41 - 60 of 67 Posts