21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saratoga springs ny, mine is on the lift getting ready for s new stator

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I'm on Martha's Vineyard and I bought a CX500 Deluxe for $250 on a whim. First bike since the XR75 of my childhood. Bike needs a bit of work to get it going but nothing major, only has 5k miles on it but was stored outside.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought my bike 2 years ago 100.00. Lived on the Island for 2 years then sat in a shed East Falmouth down by the water for 11 years. It took 2 cans of PB Blast and a propane torch and a lot of hammering. Down for electrical work now. Brittle wires and corroded connections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. Mansfield, Ma. First post, just bought my 1979 CX500 C, first bike. Once I'm finished removing the carbs (huge pia compared to my '85 cr125), a thorough clean and a new battery should be all it needs to get running. Hopefully before riding season is over....

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Bought my bike 2 years ago 100.00. Lived on the Island for 2 years then sat in a shed East Falmouth down by the water for 11 years. It took 2 cans of PB Blast and a propane torch and a lot of hammering. Down for electrical work now. Brittle wires and corroded connections.
I have had my bike on the road for a couple months now. I keep hoping to see another CX on the Vineyard but haven't yet!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
All of you are soooooo close to the once every two year fall rally in Vermont it would be great to meet ya'll. Check out the post in traveling section, Northeast Riders; It's coming up in 3 weeks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
!981 CX500 Deluxe - Bridgton, Maine...just got back in the saddle after 35 years after helping my 25 years old stepson find his first bike and get on the road. I look to work on it this winter, "Shep" in a new Mechanical Seal, Rebuild the Carbs and just work on it for spring riding. Always looking for company.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the threat and CX500, well cafe racer in general. Proud owner of an 80 CX500 Deluxe which is going to be my winter project.

So Stoughton MA checking in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm in Providence RI currently, but I am going to be moving to Worcester MA over the summer, I should have my 1979 CX500 finished by then! :p

21 - 40 of 67 Posts